The small girl watched as her mother rolled on her side, a large white wolf landing in her place.

Aubrey growled, keep her body low to the ground before pouncing at the darker wolfs throat

Aubrey growled, keep her body low to the ground before pouncing at the darker wolfs throat. Joshua moved quickly, using his legs to kick her, sending into a nearby tree.

"Mommy!" Anika cried, the sound of her broken voice causing the wolf to turn towards her. Joshua stalked forward, placing his large paw on the small child's chest pressing down.

"Mommy help!" The girl whimpered as the wolf dragged his claws down his paw pressing harder.Joshua watched as the girl whimpered under his paw, tears seeping down her face small face.

The wolf let out a huff before moving to enclose his jaw around the girls trachea. Anika flinch back feeling his hot breath hit her, crying out his sharp teeth began to pierce russet skin.

Aubrey shook off the pain that ran through her ribs before quickly lunging towards the male wolf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October:

Charlie quietly ventured into the living room on his way to the kitchen, but he quickly paused at the sight of his youngest daughter on the couch a thin layer of sweat glossing over her honey skin.

"Niki." Charlie whispers, gently rubbing the raven haired girl's shoulder. "Mmm." She groans, her eyebrows scrunching slightly as her eyes flutter open.

"What are you doing down here princess?" Anika looks around at his words taking in that she is indeed not in her bedroom surrounded by her blue silk sheets but instead on the green couch in their living.

"I don't know." She shakes her head, her mind struggling to come up with how she made her way from her bedroom in the night. "I fell asleep in my bed last night." She whispers so lowly that Charlie almost misses it.

"It's okay you probably just slept walked." Charlie soothes. "From the attic?" Her voice more panicked then before. "We'll figure this out sweetie but right now you need breakfast." He quickly changes the subject.