"Could you explain that further? What are 'those days' you are referring to?"

"You see, I'm sorry that you feel worried about my sister. But she'll be okay. It's just that July is not a good month for her."

He tilted his head unconvinced.

"Are you really her sister?"

The person on the other line scoffed and looked unbelievably on the handpiece.

* * *

Hyun Bin swept a hair loosely hanging in front Ye Jin's face and pushed it back to her ear. It was already late in the evening and he had successfully made Ye Jin ate before going to sleep. Well, he could say he had successfully "disturbed" her instead of seeing her irritated expression whenever he wakes her up. He should be in his room now taking a rest as well but he could not make himself leave her room. In the last hour, he found her dreaming, and based on the full sweat on her forehead, he knew it was not a good one. He had to wipe her sweat and press moistened cloth at her forehead until her breathing became normal. Her calm face while sleeping reminds him of the exact same face he had seen ten years ago...

He stood on the gate staring at the doorbell nervously for five minutes now and in one brave second, he pushed the button once but long. He did not know if it's the right house, if it's not then he could just go home and forget it. A middle-aged woman, who seemed like a helper, opened the gate.

"Yes? Are you looking for Ye Jin?" she asked after scrutinizing him from head to toe.

Kim Tae Pyung was surprised that she kinda got a hint that he was looking for her. It was the right house indeed.

"Uhm, yes. I just want to tell her something," he replied politely. Aside from wanting to talk about what happened last time, he wanted to tell her that he would be away tomorrow until the first-day of class. It was not like he thought he had to say this but if ever... maybe, she would look for him, he wanted her to know he did not just disappear in thin air and cut communications. There would be no signal in the place he'd stay at.

"I see. But Ye Jin is not feeling well today."

Worry was evident in his face after hearing that Ye Jin was sick. He stuttered.

"Wh-y... I- mean- is she okay? Shouldn't she be in the hospital?"

"She's okay. It's just a fever. Are you her friend? Do you want to come inside? I think I could wake her up for you."

"Ye-ah, yeah, I'm her friend. But, I think she wouldn't like it if you wake her up for me."

'Maybe, she'll get more sick if she saw me,' he thought.

"Hmmm. Did you fight?"

The question startled him and at the same time disturbed him. The woman looked at him interrogatively as if pondering something.

"You did fight," she concluded.

He just nodded. The woman sighed sympathetically and gazed at him with doe-like eyes.

"Ye Jin may look like a stubborn kid and she acted so rough sometimes, but you know,  it's only on the surface. She was once a sweet girl...." she bit her lip.

"-It touched me that someone went up here to console her, and looking at your worried face, I believe that she has found a real friend in you."

He knew what she means. Ye Jin, in spite of her image, was a sweet and warm girl. If he could help to bring the old Ye Jin back, he would do everything. After exhaling a big gulp of air, he courageously stepped closer to the woman and begged.