Miwa let out a soft cry of surprise as she watched her father fall to the ground, overcome with dizziness. Usagi reached out to grab him, lying him down on the makeshift bedside Tang Shen.

The ronin doctor now had two patients. At first, Usagi had assumed Shen's sickness was natural. He knew that it was not uncommon for Japanese women to fall ill shortly after delivering a child.

But, now that Yoshi appeared to be suffering the same fate, Usagi thought otherwise. Miwa's cries started to echo throughout the small hut. 

The baby was frightened and confused. She didn't know why her mother and father weren't coming to pick her up. Usagi looked at Miwa, then turned his attention to his friends, then back to Miwa again.

He picked up the infant gently, soothing her. "Shhh, aka-chan...do not cry, your mother and father will be alright..." He rocked the child.

Miwa's cries soon hasted as she cooed, cuddling her tiny body against the man. Miwa recognized him and knew that he would not harm her.

Usagi knew he had to get Miwa to a vacant part of the house, away from her sickly parents. He did not yet know what ailed Shen and Yoshi, but he could not risk Miwa catching it as well.

So, Usagi took the child to the kitchen and laid her in her baby seat on the counter. Miwa had calmed down by now as she looked up at the family friend with curious hazel eyes.

"Do not fret, Miwa...I will care for you and your parents until they are well." Usagi reassured the child, patting her head lightly. Miwa just grinned, not understanding what was going on.

Usagi didn't want to show it in front of the child, but he was worried. Very worried. In all his years of being in the medical field, he'd never seen anyone as sick as Yoshi and Shen were.

He checked over his friends once more. Both of them were still knocked out cold. Sweat headed their foreheads. Their cheeks were red-tinted, noticably feverish against on their pale cheeks.

Usagi checked their temperatures and was alarmed to see that Shen's temperature had skyrocketed. Yoshi's fever was high too. Usagi shook his head, worriedly.

There was no hospital nearby. Which meant, Usagi would have to treat them as best as he could here, in the hut. He just hoped he could help them.

"Do not worry, my tomidachi's...I will make sure you are well taken care of..." Usagi promised, hooking them up to some IVs to give them nourishment and fluids.

"I promise..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the chapter! I promise this will start getting good soon, more on the way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the chapter! I promise this will start getting good soon, more on the way!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😸😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕