5. Familiar Faces

Sorry for any misspelling, had to get this out.

The vast emptiness of space can leave one yearning for the peaceful and full land of a planet. This was on teams' sonic mind as they flew across space in the blue typhoon. not much was going on except for Tails, trying to find the next emerald. He and Chris kept their eyes glued to the chaos radar. Just waiting. Sonic and Knuckles were standing around, starting to feel restless. Amy was talking with Cream and Cosmo cheerfully. Sonic was starting to doze off when the emerald radar started to beep. "We've got a signal!" Chris shouted.  

Everyone was now awake and ready.

"Where is it?" Sonic asked.

  "It's somewhere on a nearby planet." Tails answered.

"Well let's get going!" Sonic beamed.

Equestria

"Spike! Another one over here!"

Rarity was searching for gems at the rock field to replenish her Jewel box. Spike was helping dig up the gemstones. Spike ran over, with the red cart rolling behind him. He started to dig up the gems while rarity continued to search for more. Rarity's horn glowed normally, as she searched around. But then, her horn started to shine brighter. Small sparks came out of her horn. She pointed her head back up and took a slight step back. she uncast her gem finding spell. "What was that?" She thought out loud.

Spike ran over to her with worry. "Rarity! Are you okay?"

 Rarity rubbed her head. "I'm fine, spike. My spell just had a little tizzy."

 She pointed to the ground in front of her. "Spikey, can you dig right here?"

 Spike saluted to her. "Yes ma'am!" He began to dig. He climbed out with a sparkling yellow.... Diamond? Emerald? Rarity wasn't really sure. But there was one thing she was sure of.

"It's gorgeous!"

She exclaimed, taking the emerald from spike. "This has to be a centerpiece for a grand work!" She began to trot home. "Come along, spike! I need to find inspiration!" Spike smiled, grabbed the cart, and followed.

Twilight was organizing books in her castle library by any and all kinds of orders. She was concentrating hard, when all of a sudden, she a loud screech from outside. "Ah!" She dropped the books she was levitating, and groaned. "What is it now?" She trotted to the castle doors. "Who in the wide wide world of Equestria made-" she stopped mid sentence and looked on with shock.

 A giant spaceship had just landed in Ponyville! Her mouth was agape, completely stunned. civilians were also in shock. The top hatchet of the ship opened, and a familiar blue figure jumped out.

"It seems we landed in a village." He observed his surroundings as the others exited the ship down to the runway.

"Whoa! Do you see that castle?" Chris pointed out a crystal castle at the edge of the town.

"Does somebody rule here?" Knuckles thought aloud.

"It's... not destroyed." Cosmo said in amazement. She had not seen a perfectly green planet for a while. Tails looked down from the ship. He could see a crowd of equines staring up at them in awe.

"Ponies?" He questioned. Then, he realized where they were. "Guys, is this...." Before he could finish however, Twilight had teleported onto the runway.

  She gasped. they gasped. "No way!" Twilight yelled.

 "Twilight?!" The group shouted with surprise.