"Let me look at the treaty." I spoke then  my grandfather stopped what he was about to say.

"You won't like where it is." My grandmother added.

"It's in the devils hands Rosalie, we have never seen the real treaty in person before." Claire explained and I sighed.

"I want out of this as much as my mom does and I know I can't speak for myself when it comes to your decisions but you can't possibly think that having to forcefully marry someone is okay." I explained then looked at my grandparents.

"The Van Cartier family made the treaty seem so simple and for a good cause, Rosalie you have to understand that not everyone gets to choose who they want to be with in life especially in this business." My grandmother added, I was taken back a bit but didn't understand the full picture. What did she mean by that.

"Mostly women who are in the mafia are in an arranged marriage, sometimes others get lucky and fall in love with the person and the rest well. Are forced to an eternity of hell." My mother replied as she looked out the window.

"I got lucky since well I can't have children and as the middle it doesn't mean much if I get married." Claire added then looked over at my mother.

"Your father was a tough one to handle, he had his flaws and I had mine. Somehow we made it work at times but it was never love, I don't want you to have the same thing that happened to me. I want you to fall in love with someone you truly care about, someone you can look at and spend the rest of your life with." My mother vowed and it warmed my heart but also made me realize that the perfect family that I have always envisioned wasn't real. I understand my mother's part in their relationship not working and I will accept that.

I may not get this perfect family but at least I will have them all together. It's all that I have been wanting.

"Marie I don't see your problem with the Van Cartier family, true they have more power than us but to give them the name of the devil family. That's a bit too harsh. I know Adrien may have his moments but I don't doubt that he can't take care of Rosalie." My grandmother spoke and my mother looked like she was about to let all of hell run loose.

"For the love of God mother how can you be so blind as to not see what they have done, I wouldn't have left my daughter if that son of theirs wasn't so attached. For goodness sake he even went so far as to kill her dog." I never knew I had a dog and much less knowing that Adrien killed it.

"Okay I am missing a huge chunk of the story can you please explain it from the top." I looked over at my mother and she sighed, my mother sat down on a nearby seat then took a sip of her tea.

"If you really want the story then I will gladly tell it but no interruptions, especially from you two." My mother spoke as she pointed at my grandparents.

"Alright we won't, now proceed." My grandfather replied and sat down alongside my grandmother at the table.

"Well of course Rosalie was only a year old when I was introduced to the treaty, I didn't like it much but I didn't think much of it since it's the best for the country. So I continued on with my life, when Rosalie met Adrien for the first time they were immediately friends. It would be hard to separate the two of you, eventually I guess he started having a small crush on you and didn't know how to handle it.

Then I started to grow more weary about this little crush when I was informed by the maids that he kissed you I was a shocked and didn't think much of it again. He was just a little boy who had a crush on you. By then I wanted you to spend more time with your family so on occasions we would go back to Italy and stay there for the majority of the time. Eventually the bad side of Adrien was slowly starting to come out since you two were separated. Adrien started to throw tantrums when he knew you weren't coming, his mother pleaded with me to bring you over but I just wanted you to spend more time with me and your father.