chapter 9 Stay high

Sam found the explore masks and put his on after handing me mine. I gave him the camera so I could put the mask on without dropping it. Masks are required at the moment because the bodies that were previously found had black mold poisoning, meaning we could get sick without the masks. I look at Sam, and he looked a little unsure about this. "How are you feeling, sam?" I asked him. I honestly don't want to make Sam do anything he doesn't want to. "Good, Colby, thank you for asking," Sam replied "Happy to hear that, so, you ready?" I asked. Sam nodded with a smile. He picked up the camera and pointed it to his face. "Alright, we're about to walk in, we have no idea what we are about to see, maybe some ghosts, or possibly a serial killer!" he joked; I laughed as he flipped the camera towards the direction he was walking. Sam opened the creaky door and stepped inside; there were broken beer bottles and graffiti covering the house almost completely. We walk through the living room to the kitchen, where there was a large brown stain in the sink. Sam sees this and turns towards me and does the same with the camera. "Yo, what's this brown stuff?" he asked. "oh, yeah, that what dried blood looks like," I replied. He gave me a weird look but continued walking through the abandoned house. We finish searching and filming and head out, nothing really happened except for a couple of knocks and slamming doors, but other than that, there really wasn't much. On the way home, Sam and I jammed out to some music and had a great time. "Hey, Colby, you wanna go grab some food or something?" That was out of nowhere, but I appreciated him asking because we haven't eaten after filming for probably over a year now. "Sure, where do you wanna go?" I said, wanting to be polite. "Dude, im down for anything, you pick," he said with a wide grin on his face. "Hmm, alright, let's go to chuck-e-cheese!" I said teasingly "Dude, hell yeah, let's go." "Sam... I was joking. You're so childish," I said, laughing. "Hey, you were the one who offered, and I told you to pick."Soon after our playful argument, Sam and I arrived at the magnificent child's gambling hole. We spent about three hours there, playing video games, eating pizza, and talking to the animatronics. We drove home, and Sam decided to go to his room, working on the rough draft of editing, and I went to my room. I started playing some music and thinking. I've made many mistakes in my life, I have addictions, I've hurt people, and the list goes on. I put on this smile for everybody, and I tell them that I'm okay because I don't want them to know how absolutely destroyed I am. My parents weren't there for me. All I was to them was a shitty rag doll. No one knows this stuff about me. My ex-girlfriend abused me. She sexually assaulted me multiple times, but no. I can't say anything because "men cant gets raped" these memories haunt me, and I can't do anything. I've tried drugs, alcohol, self-harm, they helped numb the emotional pain, but the fact is, I feel like its never going to get better. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I was crying. God, if my roommates saw this, I wouldn't hear the end of it. At this point, it was 2 in the morning. I turned the music down, flipped from my back to my side, and fell asleep within an hour.

so uhhh i havent really updated this in probably more than a year, a lot about me has changed, but im sorry for not updating this lmao. I think im getting back into the groove of writing so i might be posting more, ill try for at least once a week with 1,000 words, i just need to commit, also, if you have any constructive criticism feel free to let me know, but i hope you enjoyed the story.