matchmaker • spencer reid (fluff)

Spencer X Fem!reader

Warnings: None!

"Oh my god, look at him go." Garcia said, pointing at Derek who was currently in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by girls. This came as no surprise to any of you, he was known for his good looks and charming personality, both of those combined made him a catch to most girls.

"God, theres a reason he's the most attractive guy on the team. Oh look at him move!" She squealed which made you giggle. Yeah, Miss Penelope Garcia was most definitely drunk.

"Hey," Emily said in disagreement, she was equally as drunk which led to her having even less filter than normal, "Hotch is up there, something about how he's always so tense just does it for me. I just wanna hold him down, loosen him up and show him who's actually in charge, y'know."

JJ groaned in disgust, not wanting to think of her superior in that way, "Ok Emily, time to slow down." Her mom side coming out as she slyly replaces Emilys vodka with some water.

"What about you Y/N? Derek or Hotch... ooo what about Papa Rossi...? Garcia asked animatedly, wiggling her eyebrows and laughing at her addition of the older man who honestly, you viewed as a father.

"First of all, please never say that again. Secondly, none of them." You said, taking a sip of your drink, now you certainly weren't sober, but you also weren't the drunk enough to reveal your secret crush... or so you thought.

"Oh come on," JJ spoke up, "you're telling me you find neither of them attractive."

"No Jennifer, I just don't think they're the most attractive..." You said, a slight smile on your face.

Emily adorably scrunched up her face in confusion before it hit her. "No way... Dr Genius, really?" She didnt mean it in a bad way, you had just never outwardly expressed anything but a friendly interest in the doctor.

You felt the 3 girls stares boring into you and you caved. "Ok Ok, yes personally its Spencer. I've liked him since I first started but he would never be interested in me so lets not discuss it"

Penelope's face lit up at your confession, completely ignoring your request. "Ooooo y/n, oh you have to tell him, oh you'd be so cute together." Her voice was progressively getting louder and you didnt wanna risk anyone overhearing.

"Pen, seriously, he wouldn't be interested, I mean he can do so much bett-" You started, before you were cut off by Penelope.

"Dont be ridiculous, have you seen the way that boy looks at you, he's totally into you." She said, and before you could realise what was happening, she was calling him over.

"Penelope no what are you do-," You began to protest but stopping when he approached the table. "Hey Spence." You waved up at him, earning a smile in return.

"Hey! What's up?" He asked.

"Reid, JJ was just about leave and she's mine and Emily's ride so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind keeping our good friend Y/N here company" She said, slightly slurring her words and smiling as she looked back and forth between you and him. Oh my god you were gonna kill her.

"Uhh, sure yeah I have to wait for Derek anyway, I promised to drive him home." He said, nodding towards the man in the middle of the dancefloor, clearly too drunk to be driving himself.

Penelope glanced at the other two girls, who quickly began gathering their things in order to leave. She placed a hand on Reids shoulder and smiled at him. "You, Spencer Reid, are a good friend." She said before leaning down to whisper in your ear. "Maybe even boyfriend."

She pulled away before you could say anything back, giggling to herself before wishing us goodbye and joining Emily and JJ by the door.

You watched them leave, as Spencer took a seat next to you, "Sooo... how's your thesis going?" He asked, genuinely interested in your work which made you smile, Penny was right about one thing, he was a really good friend.

"Uhh its ok, research is a killer and I kinda hit a dead end but i'm getting back into it." You replied, and he nodded. It was quiet for a second as you fiddled with your glass.

"I-" "So-" You both said at the same time, making you laugh nervously.

"You first." You offered, and he nodded. He also seemed nervous about what he was gonna say which made you curious.

"I- uh, I kinda overheard your conversation earlier..." He said, and your smile instantly dropped, and you could feel your stomach churning. He knew your secret, he knew that you liked him.

"Oh my god, Spencer i'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." You said, about to begin a rambling of apologies when he quickly cuts you off.

"No! No you didn't. I just, it was unexpected. Why would you think I wouldn't be interested?" He asked, head tilting to the side as he looked you like a small confused puppy.

You looked down at your glass and sighed, "C'mon Spence, you're you..." His confused silence made you elaborate, "You're amazing Spencer, you're kind, smart, funny and... and frankly you're incredibly attractive. You're way out of my league."

You looked up when you felt his hand gently graze yours, Spencers aversion to touch was well known by everyone at the fbi, so this physical...almost intimate contact came as surprise.

"I- I'm not good at this," He stuttered and it was your turn to be confused but luckily he continued. "I'm pretty sure I've been in love you from the first day we met and... I know that might be ridiculous to say because we havent spent much time together and love at first sight isn't that common, actually a study showed that-"

Whilst you normally loved to listen to your favourite genius ramble on about facts and figures, right now all you wanted was to tell him you loved him too, honestly it felt like a pinch me moment and if it weren't for the warmth of his hand against yours, you would've thought it was a dream.

"Spencer," You looked up at him and smiled, gently squeezing the hand that was holding yours as reassurance... to tell him it was real, "I love you too."

He slowly leaned in, his eyes darting from your lips to your eyes silently asking if it was ok to kiss you and you didn't hesitate to pull him forward and do what you had been waiting forever to do, your lips moulding together perfectly as if they were built for each other.

Little did you know that Derek was filming the whole thing to send to Garcia, who no doubt would not stop talking about what a matchmaker she is, and truthfully shes a damn good one.