December Special Twenty-Four: The Perfect Date

Start from the beginning

Hel no longer had the engagement ring after all, but Mrs Potter did. Euphemia had reassured Remus over a million times that she could keep it away for Pandora's curious gaze, Remus trusted her. This was the woman who had raised Pandora after all. If tonight went well, it could be one of the happiest days in his life.

Thankfully, everyone had agreed to open presents for the kids on Christmas Eve night (just the presents that they got each other, not parents, not friends outside of the house or distant relatives, that was for Christmas Day), Remus was going to propose then. He had given up on trying to not make the group follow him, and knew one way or another they would.

Just as he was about to wake up Pandora with kisses, Sirius and James barged in from next door with grins stretching ear to ear and party horns in their mouths.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS!" They both screeched at the same time.

Pandora groaned into Remus' chest, "Seventeen years of this, seventeen bloody years of this."

James and Sirius pranced around the room, blowing their party horns and happily acting like utter doofuses. They decided that changing into their animagus forms would be fun, and then Remus had a deer and a big black dog prancing around the room.

Pandora seemingly had enough of this and turned into her animagus form. A(n adorable in Remus' opinion) lion cub sprang over to the floor and hissed at Padfoot and Prongs, making them stop in their tracks.

Remus laughed as both of them scampered out of the room, leaving just him and Paws. Paws leapt back up into the bed and crawled into Remus' arms. Remus began to pet Paws, and Pandora turned back into her human form, leaning into Remus' touch.

"I have a feeling today's going to be so much fun," Pandora said smiling.

Remus chuckled, "Me too Panda, me too."

𝕻𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖔𝖗𝖆'𝖘 𝕻𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖁𝖎𝖊𝖜:

Pandora laughed as she baked cookies with her mother. Her mother was the person who taught her to bake at a very young age. For the record, Euphemia had tried to teach James as well, but little James was just interested in eating cookies (he tried eating them raw once when they were little, although he still did that) not making them.

Pandora rolled out the cookie dough as she thought. She had a feeling that this Christmas was going to be one of the best, but she didn't know why. Maybe it was because everyone had found their soulmates? Maybe...

Pandora cut out some little gingerbread men as the doorbell rang. Pandora quickly brushed her hands on her apron, calling over to her mum -- who was putting a batch of snickerdoodle cookies in the oven -- that she would get it.

Pandora hung up her apron and ran to the door. Remus looked over from talking to — read supervising — James and Sirius, and saw Mr Lupin and Mrs Lupin.

"Hello, Mr Lupin! Mrs Lupin! How are you today? I must say, Mrs Lupin, your dress looks amazing," Pandora said, smiling and letting the couple in.

"Aww, thank you dear, but please, call me Hope," Mrs Lupin said as she held her coat. Pandora took her and Mr Lupin's coats to the coatroom after saying, "Of course Hope, make yourself at home! The gifts can go under the tree that hopefully James and Sirius haven't destroyed yet."

Pandora quickly took the coats over to the coatroom and came back when the doorbell rang again.

"I'll get it!" Pandora yelled and opened the door, revealing Loki, Sigyn, Narfi, Vali, Hel, and a big bag of gifts.

"Hi, Hel! Mister Odinson, Miss Iwaldidottir, and hi Narfi, Vali," Pandora said, hoping she got the pronunciations right. Sure she had practised everyone's names the night before (and when she said everyone, she meant the Lupin family names, Hel's family, the McFellons, the Evanses, and the Pettigrews, not so much the Lacey's, but most of them) and she had been to Asgard but she still wasn't positive if she was saying the names right.