Chapter 6 -'And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!'

Start from the beginning

Also, I might need a new rib; Gail just bruised mine while jumping on my bed with her shoes.

"I suggest you get up, or Abigail might get her to wish on wearing my heels to school today."

Taryn was never one to go back on her word. I was up faster than a crack of lightning.

Since I got up with such a jolt, Abigail's jumping ceased as she lands on me, causing both of us to fall out of the bed. I broke her fall, but my already bruised rib broke her shoes fall.

I bit my lip enough to draw blood to stop the string of curse words from begging to flow out.

Gail could not stop giggling as she found my pain-filled face amusing, while Taryn doubles over with laughter.

I threw a glare at her as her laughter only got louder.

The friends I keep.

"Alright, Gaily, let's get you some breakfast." Taryn helps Gail get off me and out the door, "Don't worry, Cally will be down soon." She calls out as she closes the door.

"Is this where I say sorry?"

Resting on the door, she grins at me. She wears black socks with one of Jack's hoodies adorning her body.

There was no stopping the evil grin that spread onto my face as I made myself stand up and lie back in bed.

I say, "I see your voice box is a safe sound. I wouldn't say the same for my ears, not to mention that of our neighbours'."

Her face instantly went darker. I couldn't tell if it was anger or embarrassment. Then it dawned on me that this might be my deathbed.

I could already picture my headstone,

CALEB PARKS.

Died from the glare of Patrisha Taryn Alden.

"As much as I would love to make a cocoon and stuff you in it, we have bigger problems." She says as her face returns to its colour.

"Sure, what's up?"

"The ape I had slept with may blow his top at me today."

"You mean," I feign shock, "He didn't go deep enough."

Immediately after that phrase left my mouth, a shoe landed on the headrest where my neck was a minute ago.

"I suggest you save the rest for later?" She cocks her head to the side while giving me a look that said, "I dare you."

I made that hand gesture of locking my mouth and throwing away the key. Her lips lifted into a satisfied smile.

"Good."

She pushes herself off the wall, came towards the bed and made herself comfortable beside me.

"My mom is dead." She says emotionlessly.

I turned to face her, but she didn't bat an eye. She just kept going.

"She died from a drug overdose, and my excuse of a dad was too busy sleeping with so many fucking people to notice. So I have to fly all the way back home to do the stupid customs my country makes us kids of the deceased do."

Out of reflex, I pull her into a hug. She remains stiff in my arms. I look into her dead eyes and saw that the shield she had built around herself was going back up.

There is really more to what meets the eye. Sure, Patrisha Taryn Alden behaved like a typical ghetto bitch. Heck, she's from Africa, Nigeria, to be exact. She got a scholarship to school here and has had this brick wall that surrounds her right from the dawn of our meeting.