Chapter 6 -'And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!'

Start from the beginning

During the car ride from the bar to the penthouse, she was still at it, but Jack had joined her when we walked in.

"And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!" Taryn sent a death glare at Jack as she marches towards the stairs, but he simply flips it off and went into the kitchen to stuff his face with food.

"Why is it my funeral dictates this relationship every single time?" Marci chuckles as she looked at us.

Dressed in the usual emo nightwear, Marci had her hair in a neat French braid while she gave us her full attention.

I joined her in the big chair while she lifts Gail up and put her on the other side of the couch for me to sit. The movie that was playing on the television is now on mute. Not that I would blame her; Jack and Taryn's relationship is better than any movie alive.

"Why are you still up?" I ask.

"Because someone wanted a SpongeBob movie marathon and wouldn't take no for an answer." She playfully glares at Abigail, who was fast asleep.

"Right, how's Nate?"

She quickly shot up from her seat and went to the stairs, "I'm going to check on Taryn." she calls over her shoulders as she walks up the stairs.

I laugh silently to myself. After what Nate did on her tenth birthday, Marci never stops blushing whenever I bring his name up.

I pick up my little sister and take her to her room. After being in the music industry for about four years, I saved up some money and got this penthouse.

Sure Marcel was on my back to have a music room and gym in it, but there was a room for everyone. Jack, my best friend and manager. Taryn, my other best friend and Abigail's babysitter, Marci, prefers staying here at her dad's mansion because it's too quiet.

But I think we both know that if Nate turned up there, Marcel would put the shotgun sitting at the fireplace to good use.

Thing one and thing two, also known as Jacob and Shawn, were my personal guards and bouncers. I learnt that when you're famous, never go out unprotected unless your fans might almost rape and ravish you.

I open the door to a shiny pink and purple room, place Abigail on her bed, and tuck her in. She squirms, so I sing her our favourite lullaby. She immediately calms down and starts sucking her thumb.

Switch on the night light with a grin, I close the doors.

I make my way to my room because I am not ready to be caught in the crossfire of Jack and Taryn, especially when their relationship is in the off phase.

I strip down to my boxers and sit Indian-style on my window still. I look out the window and admire the shining lights above, gathering inspiration to write my next song.

The silence doesn't last long as I hear moans from a room down the hall that I try my best to avoid.

I knew it wouldn't last.

Since my inspiration won't get out tonight, I drop the book and pencil on the table and jump into my bed. The last thing I hear is,

'I will keep to that promise; your voice box has got to go.'

I am really thankful that Abigail's room is far away from here.

-

A heavy weight on my chest wakes me up into the next day.

"Caleb, wake up! Wake up!"

I needed no psychic to tell me that Abigail was in her sugar rush. Again, I really wonder what was I thinking when I made Taryn her personal babysitter.