023 |

( CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE !  )

( INTERVENTIONS AND MATCH MAKINGS )

.

Sophomore year was suppose to be fun.

When he started his freshman year, Aunt May had sat him down and gave him this big speech about the new experiences waiting on the horizon for him. To be honest, he had pretty interesting things he was excited for but all of them included his new ability to shoot webs out of his writs and such (Peter doubted it was what Aunt May was talking about.)

High school was not the fun environment full of promises and new friendships like Aunt May had described it to be though. He had Ned and Aamir, and he had a school full of bullies and some tolerable people on a good day. Things started to get interesting a few months into his freshman though when he was called up the Principal's room to tutor a transfer student.

With all the crazy stuff happening with his alter ego, Colin Archer had stepped into his life and made everything absolutely ten times more confusing while simultaneously becoming a very pivotal thing in his life, a sense of security, someone he can fall back on to, someone who made it all easier.

It was not easy though, nothing was. Colin had his own stuff going on, with his home life that he barely talked about, with his awful friends (minus Gwen, she was cool) with his endless pessimism and permanent scowl and that look he wore that indicated he could punch anyone at any given time.

Peter missed him, he missed him very much but the silent treatment had been getting a little too much in his opinion.

As he swung around the city, he desperately waited for something illegal to happen. Not that he wanted anyone to get hurt but punching a bad guy and handing him out to the police would be pretty swell at the moment, it had been his favorite free time activity and stress relief over the summer as he waited for his phone to ring.

A mission, anything from Tony Stark; a response, anything that indicated he existed in the eyes of people who mattered so much to him. Nobody called though, Happy barely replied, nothing from Mr. Stark.

Nothing from Colin either.

A whole summer went by and Sophomore year began, Peter couldn't dislike it more even if he tried.

That particular day he was feeling extra bitter as he returned home from pre-dinner patrol, he had accidentally hit his head against a traffic sign, he had forgotten to do his chem quiz and Colin had said nothing after the note he left by his window.

This was his life now.

"Hey, honey! You're early," Aunt May said as they ran to each other right outside of the front door, Peter frowned.

"Where are you going? It's almost dinner time."

Aunt May smiled politely, that was her business smile she offered to people when she was going to say something they wouldn't like. "Your friends asked me to leave for dinner, they prepared something for you."