002 |

( CHAPTER TWO ! )

( CHAPTER TWO ! )

( CHOCOLATE BROWNS AND ICY BLUES )

Earth was turning so fast, too fast and to keep your feet on the ground, sometimes you had to latch onto something familiar.

Colin liked to use two items as anchor. First one was his sister's ring.

It shouldn't have been this easy to get rid of someone but basically it was very simple. When Cassie Archer had left their home, their father had dedicated himself on erasing her from their house. They had started by moving to another city, carried on by throwing her things away. Colin had kept that ugly ass ring she never actually used, wore it on his pinky finger. To never forget her, and what he did to her. How he felt when she left.

Second item definitely was not as sentimental as the first. It was his plain black leather jacket that he had bought from a dirty little shop which sold pre-owned stuff. It was rather large for a twelve year Colin back then, but he had fallen in love with the worn out look of it that screamed history. The jacket had a character of its own and Colin felt safer under that layer. It was still loose around some edges but was enough to make him look like he had broad shoulders. He didn't like the thought of people viewing him as skinny. (He was not skinny in the traditional sense, he just felt naked without the jacket, he felt fragile.)

While wandering though the corridor in order to find the library and a quiet place where he can process it his second day at the school, he played with his pinky ring and held on tight to his jacket.

What he didn't think at that time was another concept about anchors. He hadn't been thinking about the solid figures in his life. People who didn't leave (like Cassie or his mother).

While he was walking through the halls with several thoughts lingering inside his head, he almost bumped heads with Flash Thompson, one of the constant figures in his life, apparently.

The surprise on Flash's face mirrored his own before it turned into a scowl for forgetting this fact. He was too caught up with trying to adjust to the system of the school, and Peter, and his sunny smile and warm stories. Too distracted that he had forgotten about the fact he was bound to bump into his old classmates since this was the town they used to live in before. Before Cassie left and everything went downhill.

Flash grinned despite Colin's scowl and took a step forward, maybe he wanted to hug him or something. With an instinct, Colin took a step back, afraid that he might get all touchy feely on him.

"Well, fuck me," Colin's blinked with the familiarity of the voice and his eyes landed on Samuel Smythe in his glory. Colin's attention quickly switched from Flash to Sam, and the objectively beautiful girl standing next to them. He was dumbstruck; he acknowledged that and the uncomfortable expression on the girl's face told it all. Colin couldn't bring himself to crack a joke, he didn't have the words but apparently Sam did. "Man, I thought time was supposed to heal your wounds or some shit. Your face is still ugly as hell."