005 |

( CHAPTER FIVE! )

( CHAPTER FIVE! )

( NEW WEEK RESOLUTIONS AND POOR ATTEMPTS AT SOCIALIZING )

"What do you think you are doing?"

"What does it look like from where you're standing? I'm havin' fun!"

Colin gritted his teeth and grabbed Peter by his wrist to drag him out of the crowded living room. He was met with little to no resistance so he started walking away with his grip loose around Peter's wrist. Trying to be gentle. Jesus, Parker was trying his limits.

Once they were in the yard where they could get a little privacy, Colin let go of his wrist with a frown on his face. He shook his head in disbelief, and he was trying to think straight as if shaking his head would clear his mind from the smoking and alcohol. "You don't even smoke, why do you have this? Is that weed? Who gave it to you?"

Colin snatched the unlit joint from Peter's hand. It was only when he dared to look Peter in the eye and almost shuddered with the stubbornness he saw in them. "I do now. So do you! C'mon, Archer, don't be a hypocrite."

Colin was getting a headache from all of this. One night, he had given himself to relax. Just one simple night to let himself be a reckless teenager and instead, he was getting worried over why Peter Parker was acting this way, totally intoxicated and out of character.

Wait, now. This had a backstory, and it started a week ago when he decided to change things up, and everything from that moment had led them to that particular moment.

Take a deep breath. Rewind. It is a long ride, the type of long that had two parts, probably.

It all started with the 'new week resolutions' type of decision.

Colin Archer had to make peace with the fact that Midtown Highschool would not be like the others. Because he had a history with the place, he had a history in Queens, his childhood was spent here, he had seen his mother last time in these streets, he had seen his sister for the last time in this neighborhood. His childhood was behind him and Colin had changed but somethings- he couldn't ignore.

He started off by accepting the fact that Sam and Flash would be a part of his journey in this school. Whatever root their friendship might take, it was certain that those two pains in the ass would be around.

The first thing he did with his resolution was to willingly sit with Sam, Flash and their group of friends. Successfully ignoring the tiny bit of surprise in their eyes as he forced himself to relax around them.

The second was to find Gwen.

Ignoring her was one of the biggest douche moves he had pulled, ever, and he didn't know how to fix it. (He didn't know how to fix most things, to be fair.) So like he always did, he dived head first into the situation and hoped for the best when one day he offered to walk her home.