018 |

( CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ! )

(  COOKIES AND REVELATIONS )

°

Colin did not like Harry Osborn, mainly because he was actually fucking nice, a bit arrogant but completely sweet and funny. Well, Colin did not like him on principle, people who were beautiful, rich and nice shouldn't be allowed and it usually raised the question: are they pretending?

Anyways, not gonna lie, Harry was what he was, very talkative and confident when he was talking with Peter and a bit more guarded when he talked to Colin but still.

"Peter told me a lot about you!" Harry stated once he realized the boy sitting on Peter's couch was Colin indeed. He pulled Colin into hug and Colin stiffined involuntarily, hugging people he didn't know enough to trust weirded him out.

Harry pulled away quickly, ugh, he was smart as well, he picked up on the clues on Colin's distress in no time but did not comment on it.

At least Peter seemed to be distracted from the massive Spider-Man related problem they had since he was almost giddily jumping around, practically gushing. "This is awesome! I was waiting for the day I would introduce you two, I know you'll get along so well-"

Colin's phone rang, oh, wishes did come true. A number he did not know was calling in and he cancelled the call, sighed a little, it was his queue to leave. "My brother is calling, I should go," he stated and directly walked towards his bag and jacket. "It was nice meeting you. We'll talk later, Peter, yeah?"

Peter raised a brow but he was probably suffering from sleep deprivation and he was high on caffeine to read the signs and Colin left in a hurry. He hated that he was weird with meeting knew people, he hated that he had a problem with sharing Peter' s affection, he hated that he had bigger problems like criminals being on his tail than teenage angst.

Oh, well, this was his life now.

.

They had promised to each other over a phone call that they would stay in home for the night, no Spider-Man related action for that night until they had a plan to take down Agent X. At least, that was the nickname given to Arden Geller by Peter due to the X mark on her costume and guns. He was not that creative but Colin had to admit that it was rather catchy.

Yet, his father had a call, paging him for a crime scene nearby, a robbery, and Colin had an unsettling feeling inside that if Peter knew about this, he would not stay at home. So, he decided to break his promise just a little, if Spider-Man was not in the scene, he would go back. He would be breaking his promise if Peter was also breaking his.

He listened in as his father wrote down the adress, and changed quickly into his less than efficient clothes for a heroic night and hopped on to his bike in no time.