Last Klaus Day part 2

Start from the beginning

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asked as he walked in. "We can kill him today, with Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan sighed.

"No, Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena huffed.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon offered.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena snapped, getting annoyed.

"All right." Stefan stepped forward before a fight could break out. "How do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward." Elijah said. "The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The Moonstone." Stefan nodded.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone." Elijah explained. "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into the whole thing?" Elena asked softly.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah opened the wooden box and pulled out a beautiful jar. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death."

Damon looked at Elena while Stefan placed a hand on her shoulder but Elena herself was very calm, "And that's where you come in."

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina." Elijah held up the jar. "It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So, I'll be dead?" Elena looked at him.

"And then you won't." Elijah smiled gently at her.

"That's your plan?" Damon spoke up loudly. "A magical witch potion with no expiration date?"

Damon turned and looked at Elena almost desperately. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"I'm a doppelgänger." Elena reminded him at the same time as Elijah spoke up.

"Those rings only work on humans." Elijah looked at Damon. "The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over your elixir." Damon snapped then he turned back to Elena. "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

"Then I'll great Death as an old friend and move on to the next big adventure." Elena shrugged.

Damon looked at his brother and then back at Elena, then he shook his head and walked out.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this?" Elena asked as she turned to Elijah. "Does he have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years." Elijah murmured. "If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will."

Stefan smiled at Elena and nodded at Elijah a little stiffly, "I'll go check on Damon."

"You'd think he would understand why I'm willing to do this." Elena walked over to stand by Elijah.

"Why are you?" Elijah asked as he tilted his head.

"Several reasons actually." Elena smiled slightly. "One of them is that I know that if I don't do this my friends and family will be in the cross fire of Klaus's rage. Another reason is that as I see it, no one should be forced to have part of themselves locked away by force just because the people around them can't accept them for who and what they are."

"You know, there's a possibility this elixir won't work." Elijah placed a gentle hand on Elena's face. "I don't want to mislead you."

"I know the chance I'm taking." Elena smiled at him.