o. days before the inevitable

Start from the beginning

"Mom, I think I see Will. Right there at the Quidditch shop." Euphemia smiled at her daughter, patting her shoulder knowingly before giving her a slight shove towards the direction.

"Ok, Aurora. We'll meet you back at the Leaky Cauldron in 2 hours alright?" With a quick goodbye, the brunette made her way through the crowded alley towards the Quidditch Shop where she had spotted a longtime friend of hers.

The boy had noticed her long messy hair instantly, recognizing its usual style of a messy bun with a loose strand of her hair framing her face. Will had grinned happily at her, putting two fingers up into a mock salute. Rory had rolled her eyes at him, ruffling his hair and smiling slightly back at him.

"Hey Will, were you waiting long?"

"Of course not! You know me, Aurora." The girl huffed, annoyed at the use of her full name. She had slightly shoved the taller boy in front of her, making him tumble a bit with a laugh.

"You know better than to call me that, William. "

The taller boy had laughed at her, wiping a fake tear from his eye with a flick of his finger. He grinned down at her shorter form, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Little Rory, your so fun to tease. Although, I think it's hilarious when you see the look on Ray's face when we say his fly is open."

A cough from behind them had stiffened Will's stature and Rory's lips to tug a bit to the side. They had both known who that came from, and both had different reactions.

"I'm sorry Will, but I seem to have heard you found it... what was the word? Hilarious, when you trick me." The Macmillan had chuckled nervously, slowly inching away from both of his friends with his hands up as if to say he was innocent.

"I didn't say that... I- Rory did!"

Ray raised an eyebrow questionably at the boy, taking a glance at Aurora. The girl rolled her eyes, already starting to walk away from the two. "Ray you know me, it was him. I'm not one to joke."

And with that, a cat and mouse chase had occurred right there in the middle of the alley. Aurora had fought a smile that had threatened to spread on her face as she continued to walk, heading towards Flourish & Botts to get her new books.

She closed her eyes, relishing in the cool breeze that had swept through her skin. A shoulder had bumped hers accidentally, momentarily catching her off-guard. Aurora's eyes snapped open as she reflexively reached out to the person who she bumped and had been falling.

As if gravity had stopped for a bit, the brunette girl was able to catch the person by their arm before they could collide with the rocky alley. Aurora sighed in relief, slowly helping the person stand upright.

Her eyes had caught the color red from the girl's hair, eyebrows furrowing as she had chosen to look up. Their eyes locked together, warm chocolate meeting with soft emerald green. Aurora's eyes seemed to be stuck on the stranger's features as they roamed her face.

The stranger had so happened to be a girl, someone who looked her age but had been shorter by height. The girl's long fiery hair was flowing down her back like a waterfall, her-

"Oh my Merlin, I am so so sorry. I wasn't looking at where I was going." 

The brunette blinked once at the girl, looking down at her hand that had still been holding the stranger's arm. Slowly, Aurora had let go of the girl's arm, bringing her hand to her sides and bowing her head slightly in apology.

"No, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of my surroundings. Again I am sorry but I have to go now, have a good day."

With that Aurora bowed her head once more before walking away from the girl, not once looking back.

The girl however watched her go, entranced with the brunette as if she were an angel. The words that had fallen from her lips were the words that would fall once again in a few days...

"How odd, she seems so... mystical."

♊️

hi guys!

hi guys!

this is the start of a new book series and i rlly hope u enjoy this, i'm planning on publishing chapters every tuesday or wednesday and i hope thats fine with you all! anyways have a great day :)

( and yes, this is a teaser. not the official start )

- kelpbrain