Chapter 20: The Gala

Let me just start by saying I'm so so sorry it took me so long to get this chapter to y'all. I wound up having a lot less free time than I thought I was gonna this past month. Anyways I hope you'll forgive me and this chapter was worth the wait.
~

The next day came and went by quickly. Asami and Korra were both busy running around trying to make sure everything was perfect for the gala. Korra made a stop at the market at her sisters request for all the baking supplies. Asami had most of the stuff in the kitchen but some special ingredients were missing.

Finally it was time for the gala

Asami walked up to the usher and let him know that he could start opening the door in five minutes. She saw Mika round a corner and quickly went to catch her.

"Hey Mika wait up! Do you know where Korra is? I've been looking for her everywhere but I can't find her, and it seems like no one has seen her." "Oh she said something about the gardens earlier? Maybe she's there?" Asami nodded and headed in that direction.

She walked up to the gardens and Korra caught her just in time. She ran up to Asami  from her side and turned her around before Asami could see what she was doing.

"Asami hey!" She said "Korra where have you been. I've been looking all over for you. The party's starting." "I'm sorry baby, I guess the time slipped away from me" she held out her arm for Asami to wrap around. "Would you like to join me Lady Sato?" The raven haired girl just snorted in response and said "You're such a dork..but you're my dork. Let's go" She hooked her arm around Korra's and they made their way to the gala. Korra walked with her with the biggest grin on her face.

The night went on and many pleasantries were shared. Everyone wanted to talk to the women of the night and the Avatar on her shoulder.

About an hour later Asami left to get ready for the announcement and her speech. Mika and Thina found Korra and conversed a little. As Korra looked around the room she saw her good friends and went over to see them.

"Mako Bolin!" She said giving them a hug. "It's been to long. How are you guys?" Bolin perked up around her "Aw man things have been great Korra! Me and opal have been thinking about taking things to the next step. As for this one," he said pointing to Mako "he's doing the same but seems Cheerier. I think it might be a girl!" Mako just rolled his eyes in response. "Bolin doesn't know what he's taking about. Anyways, how have things with you and Asami been?" "Things are pretty good. I mean she's been super busy lately but after how I surprised her with everything I'm just glad she handled it well." "Surprise? What surprise?" Maki said. "Well you know how I grew up as an only child..well I'm not." The two just looked at her look at each other then back at her still confused. "Come follow me".

The group made their way through a small crowd to a table far off near the corner of the room.

"Mako, Bolin, meet my sisters Mika and Thina. My brothers are here tonight but I don't see them around right now."

Bolin's jaw dropped. "OMG! Korra! You have a big family just like us! And...a twin?" She nodded yes and he got even more excited.

Mika: "High it's nice to meet you, Korra has told us so much about you."

Mako: "Huh...I'm gonna be honest I'm not sure how I'm supposed to react right now"

Bolin: "Get excited bro. I mean maybe you can date Korra's twin this time and not ruin it." He said earning a glare from both Korra and Mako

Thina: "Actually Mika's married"

There was an awkward silence that filled the space but luckily it was saved by a drink clacking signaling the start of Asami's speech. Everyone made their way to sit at the tables in the front and gather around in the back. Asami's head chairman talked quickly then introduced Asami out. When she walked towards the microphone she caught Korra's eyes, both of them blushed and gave a small smile.