Chapter 13: Meet the family

"Wha-wha." Asami could barely speak.

Korra walked up to her and grabbed her hands. "I know this is a lot to take in and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but I just couldn't. Believe me I really wanted to. "You-you're twins? But..I-I don't understand." "It's kinda a long story." Mika spoke up.

"'Sami that's not all." Korra said with a hint of sadness in her eyes. "What?" "There's more." "More?!" She still couldn't form real sentences.

"Everyone, you can come out." Korra yelled. Two more boys and a younger girl came out. Asami felt like she was about to faint. "Are they.. are they related to you too?" She asked. Korra nodded.

She pointed to the two boys first. "Those are my twin little brothers Hilo and Keta." She then moved her hand to the right. "And that's our little sister Thina." Asami just nodded and said to Korra "Babe, I think I need to lay down." Korra's face suddenly turned red and hot. She anxiously brought her girlfriend over to a couch to lay down in fear of her fainting. She got her a glass of water and sat down next to her.

Asami slowly drank the water down and regained her composure. "I'm sorry, I know this is a lot to take in." Korra said. Asami wanted to say something back but she honestly had no words. "I can see this is going to take a while to sink in. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll answer them. Okay?" Korra asked, putting a reaffirming hand on her girlfriends leg. Asami just nodded in response.

A few minutes later she was ready to speak. "So...how about you all tell me a little bit about yourselves. Korra and I can talk later about everything but I want to get to know you." Korra smiled. She seemed to be handling this better than she thought.

Mika spoke up first. "Well I'm the older twin." "By like two minutes." Korra shot back which earned a "shut up" and an eye roll from her sister. "Anyways. As I was saying, I'm a school teacher, I used to live in the fire nation but my husband and I are moving to Republic City. Although he's not coming for another week." "Wait, you're moving here?" Korra asked with an eyebrow raised. "Yes Korra." Mika said sternly crossing her arms.

"Why don't you stop interrupting them babe." Asami said, looking at Korra. Korra's face turned red and she just looked away.

"Well I guess we could go age order." Keta said. "Me and Hilo are actually engenders like you, we work in one of your design factories in the fire nation." "Wait really?" Asami said. "Yup!" Hilo and Keta said in unison. "Huh, maybe you could come with me down to the factory sometime?" She said and smiled, earning a grin quite similar to Korra's in response. "What about you?" Asami said looking at the younger girl. "Oh um well..let's see. I'm 16 so I'm almost done with school. I go to a boarding school in the Northern Water tribe and I also practice aerial silks."

"Why don't you go to school in the south?" Asami asked curiously.

"Well it was the easiest way for us not to be found. And because I left younger than everyone else when mom and dad asked me if I had a preference of where I wanted to go I just said somewhere that reminded me of home...and that was the best option." She said stifling at the end. Asami looked at Korra kinda confused. "It's a long story. I'll tell you later but for now why don't we go eat dinner?" Korra said. Her girlfriend just nodded in return. They all went into the dining room and got ready for dinner.

"It's been so long since we've all been together like this." Hilo said. "Yah, it's kinda nice." His brother said. Asami chimed in "So when's the last time you've all been together."

Korra answered. "Well they all came to visit me after everything with Zaheer when they heard how badly I was hurt...but it wasn't exactly at the same time. I think really the last time we were all together was before everyone moved away and we started pretending like I was an only child?" She said with a slight somber in her eyes and distance in her voice. "How long ago was that exactly?" Asami asked cautiously.

Thina piped up. "Well from what I understand Korra and Mika were 10, and the boys were 8. I'm kinda a different story. I was 5 but because I was so young mom and dad raised me a little while longer before I went to boarding school after my 8th birthday, but I didn't get to see Korra because she was in the compound. Hm" she giggled a little. "There was a time I thought I made them all up in my head until I talked to mom and dad about them saying I missed them, when they said they missed everyone too I realized it wasn't just make believe."

The room got somber. "Hey it's getting late. Why don't we all go to bed and continue catching up tomorrow?" Korra said breaking the silence. They all nodded in agreement. "'Sami I know it's kinda short notice but can they stay here for tonight in the guest rooms?" "Of course.  We have more than enough room." She smiled. They all got up, Korra took them to their respective rooms then went to her and Asami's room for the night.