Chapter 6- Rylie

Lily:
"You have to! It's the biggest party ever!!" Mariah screams, putting great emphasis on the word 'ever'.

"Slight exaggeration Mariah. But I really can't, my sister'll be home alone." I explain, with a sigh.

"Bring her." Daniel suggests.

"Dan, she's four." I reply, sympathetically.

"Oh.." He sighs. The whole time, Cody sits in shocking silence. Deep in thought.

"Codes, you alright?" I ask, concerned.

"Y-yeah. But I don't think I'm going either." He says, sadly.

"Why?" We all ask, in sync.

"It's gonna be crap anyway." He smirks, shaking his head.

"Whatever." Holly, who is 'totally in love' with Cody, says.

-----

"Okay Lily, I won't be back for a few days." Mom calls, before slamming the door shut. She's such a bitch at times.

"Okay Ry, wanna watch a movie?" I ask, as Rylie sprints off, in search of a good enough movie.

I take a seat on the couch and let out a sigh. I wish my mom didn't just throw Rylie and me away. I wish we had a proper parent. I wish my mom cared. I wi-

But my thoughts are interrupted by my phone, buzzing violently.

"Hello?" I ask, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hey Tiger." A voice, I know all to well says, enthusiastically.

"So Cody. Did you want something?" I ask, hoping that he doesn't turn this into a sexual innuendo, as usual.

"Only to hear your voice." He replies. And I can almost feel his smirk through the phone.

"Well as I said earlier, I have a four year old to take care of." I explain, remembering Rylie.

"Need any help? You know, since she seems to like me better than you anyway." He laughs. I tut, although he's right. She always listens to him and with me, she can be a nightmare.

"No thank you Cody, although if she's being a brat, I'll call you." I snigger. We bid our farewells and hang up.

A few moments later, Rylie comes skipping into the room singing "Lion king" over and over.

"Lion king huh? Okay I'll put it on." I laugh, placing the movie into the DVD player.

-----

"Good night Ry. I love you." I whisper, before planting a loving kiss on my sister's forehead.

"Night night. I love you too." She smiles, before yawning and shutting her sweet, green eyes.

I tiptoe out of her room and close the door, before heading back downstairs.

I settle down on the couch, switching the tv over to 'Supernanny USA', before my phone begins to ring for the second time tonight.

"Hello." I answer, knowing it'll most likely be Cody.

"Hey Tig." He replies, almost definitely with a smirk.

"Stop harassing me!" I laugh, lying down onto my back.

"I'm only making sure that my baby's okay." He giggles, in a baby voice.

"Cody, we sorted this one out. I'm only a few months younger than you, baby jokes aren't appropriate." I sigh, before letting out a small laugh.

"Whatever!" He sniggers. "But seriously, I miss your neck."

"It doesn't miss you, Mr vampire. Have you seen all of my hickeys?" I exclaim, enjoying this turning of tables.

"Yep." He states, popping the 'P'.

"If anyone knew that you gave me hickeys, they'd think we were dating." I laugh.

"So? Let them think that, they'll just have to accept the fact that I like your blood." He starts seriously, but turns into a monster-like sound towards the end.

We chat for hours on end, before I know it, it's one am. And I definitely need to sleep.

"Okay, I have to go now Codes, see you later." I beam, although he can't see it.

"Okay. Bye, love you Tiger." He says, before hanging up.

Did he just say he loved me? Cody, the school's bad boy, loves me? Friendship wise obviously. But still wow. Do I love him? No. I'm overthinking. Aren't I?

-----

I wake up to the infernal ringing of my alarm clock, I open my eyes and let out a sigh.

Reluctantly, I crawl out of my warm, cozy bed and head downstairs.

I root in the cupboards for something suitable for both Rylie and me. After over five minutes of searching, I decide on plain cereal.

"Ry. Ry come on. Rylie time to get up." I state, shaking my sleeping little sister awake.

"Okay. I'm awake." She states, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

We head back downstairs and eat our cereal, before we both rush off to get ready.

-----

"Hi Cody." I yawn, opening the backseat-door for Rylie.

"Hey Lily, hey Rylie." He smiles.

"Hi." She giggles, as I fasten her seatbelt.

"Could you stop off at Springberry daycare?" I ask, hopping into the passenger seat.

"Sure." He smirks, starting up the car.

"Bye Rylie, have a good day." I smile, heading out of the door.

She waves and runs into the playroom area.

I look back at Cody, smiling in his car. That cute smile soon turns into a smirk, the usual smirk which covers his face.