Chapter 14- Casual death threats

Lily:

"Hi." I smile, as I take a seat across from Dan. This is our seventh date.

"Hey." He smiles back.

We chat, our normal chats and laugh, our normal laughs. But he seems somewhat nervous?

"Is something bothering you Dani?" I ask, a slight hint of concern in my voice.

"Umm.. No." He stutters. "Yes, I mean not exactly... What I'm trying to say is that I have something to ask you."

"Okay?" I say, inquisitively.

"Ummm.... Would you..... Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

I smile widely and nod. "Of course Dan!"

I see all of the tension he was harbouring drop and he smiles, shyly. That's before his cute, confident face appears again.

I smile back at him, my phone interrupts our gaze with it's tingling noise.

Cody-'Ave wants you. Hurry up Tiger-lily!!'

"Sorry Dan, Codes says Avery wants me. I have to get home." I apologise, before texting him back.

Lily-'okay, I'm on my way. Hang fire, Lion!'

"It's fine." Dan smirks, standing up and offering me his hand. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Go for it." I reply, taking his hand in my own and heading out to his car.

"Why does Cody always babysit for you?"

"I don't know....the thing with Cody is, he thinks I need protecting. He tries to help me in every way possible and I think that it's just his way of taking care of me." I nod, happy with my explanation.

"So that's why he gives me death glares." Dan laughs, starting the car up.

"Yeah... Plus my sisters like him better than they like me." I giggle.

"Do you wanna come in?" I ask. "You can meet Cody properly."

"Okay, sure." He agrees.

-----

"Hey Cody, hey Ave and Ry." I smile, taking Avery from Cody's arms.

"Hey Tiger. She missed you so much." Cody laughs.

"Aw, did you Ave?" I ask and she nods.

Daniel shifts uncomfortably behind me, playing with his fingers.

"Oh yeah, guys this is Daniel." I smile, pointing my attention to Dan.

"Hey lover boy!" Cody smirks, offering him a hand. "I'm Cody."

"Hi, nice to meet you." Dan smiles, nervously.

"Hey." Rylie waves.

"Hello." He replies, with a smile. "And hello to you too Avery."

"Oh and we're dating now by the way." I add.

"If you hurt her, I will break you." Cody states, casually. As though he gives death threats out often. "I'm serious. Don't think about being a douche with her."

"Agreed." Daniel nods.

"Cody! You're not giving a good impression off." I hiss.

"I'm just setting the ground." He sighs, holding up his hands.

-----

"Yes but there was no need for you to be an asshole about it." I scoff.

"Well I'm sorry. But please come here..." He trails off. I shift around so that we can snuggle up, this sleeping arrangement has its virtues.

"You sounded like a murderer." I laugh, in a whisper.

"My casual death threats can be very effective." He giggles.

"You scared the living shit out of him!" I reply, closing my eyes.

"Good." He replies. "And goodnight Tiger-Lily."

"Goodnight Codes."

And with that, he relaxes and wraps his arms around my waist, sending me into a deep sleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the really short part.

What do you think of Daniel?

Is he sweet or is he a fuckboiiii?😂

Anyways, goodbye and goodnight/morning/evening. ❤️