Chapter 5- Popularity

Lily:
Recently, I've been hanging out with Cody and his group, I've become really good friends with them. Yeah, I feel bad for leaving my other friends but when I offered for them to join us, they refused. I wasn't prepared to leave my best friend for their stupid objections.

Instead of being Lakewood's 'good girl' I'd become the talk of the school. Everyone knew everything about me. It was all because of Codes.

"Omg! Lily!! You look so pretty!" Brooke, the school's slut, screams.

"Thanks Brooke." I smile, continuing to walk to my locker.

"There's my tiger." A familiar voice calls, from behind.

"Hey my little soccer star!" I yell, hugging Cody around the neck. "Congrats by the way!"

"Thanks." He beams. You see, last night, Cody's team won the big soccer game and he scored most of the goals! I was so proud.

"What've you got now Tig?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"We have math." I sigh, unhooking my arms from his neck and rooting in my locker.

"Noooo." He whines, pouting. "Will you skive with me babe?"

"Cody, we can't. It'll be too suspicious, everyone knows that we're best friends. They'd know we were skiving." I inform him, wishing I could find a way out of math.

"Okay then, We'll say you were ill, so I took you for some air." He suggests, confidently.

"For the whole lesson?" I ask, smirking.

"No, we'll just miss part of it. It's better than sitting through a full lesson." He replies, dragging me towards the drama rooms, where we always meet.

He backs me up, against a wall and starts to kiss my neck. He does this all the time, apparently it's 'friendly' but normal friends don't do this, I know.

For the past few weeks, he's gathered all of my weak points, making sure to kiss them regularly. I'm sure I already have a thousand hickeys. This time, I let the quiet moans escape my mouth. After all, he's heard it before.

"Cody, we gotta go." I state, beginning to push him off.

"Alright. But first, I want to tell you something." He says, caressing my cheek.

"What?" I question, smiling.

"I love you-----r chocolate bar. Thanks!" He giggles, stealing the chocolate bar from my pocket.

"You prick!!!! Come back here Cody!!!" I yell, trying but failing to chase after him, in my heeled boots.

"Nope." He laughs, taking a bite from my chocolate bar.

"I hate you." I whine, stopping dead in my tracks.

"Okay okay. I'm sorry. Let's go to math." He giggles, entwining my fingers with his own.

"Nope. You already dug yourself a hole." I state, pulling my hand away from him.

He laughs and nods, before looking at me with pleading eyes.

-----

"I love you."

"Awwwwww I love you too."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

"Not possible."

I hated spending time with Ella and Alex. They made me want to vomit, physically and emotionally.

Alone, Ella is amazing. She's such a great friend and fun to be around. We've been friends for a short amount of time but I love her so much. I'll always be here for Ella and she'll always be there for me. Alone, Alex is a bit of a prick. He's all about himself because of course, the world revolves around Alex Jones. Together, they're the most annoying idiots ever and I hate them. Jealousy? No. Hatred.

"Umm Leah, I need the bathroom. Do you?" I ask, trying to get away from the 'power couple'.

"Yah. Let's go." She replies, standing up and quickly walking away, with me.

As we hopelessly race away, a pair of warm, familiar hands wrap around my waist.

"Hey tiger." He whispers, into my ear. Somehow causing fireworks to explode in my stomach.

"Hey Gaylord." I reply, unhooking myself from his embrace.

"Hey Cody." Leah states.

"Hey Leah." He smiles.

"Weren't you two with Ella and Alex?" He asks, walking in between us both.

"Yeah. But they're the grossest, we couldn't deal with it." I explain, sitting down on a bench, nearby.

"I see. Not a romancisist then eh?" Cody smirks, him and Leah taking a seat beside me.

"Romancisist? Is that even a word?" I laugh, leaning my head onto his shoulder.

"No. That's why I'm an inventor." He giggles, smartly.

"Whatever Gaylord." I beam.

"You two are so sweet" Leah states, a smile forming on her lips.

"What?" We exclaim, in sync.

"You're really cute!" She replies, excitedly.

"Leah, we're not even dating." I laugh, looking at her sympathetically.

"You should be." She sighs, rustling around in her bag, pulling out her phone and beginning to scroll and tap.

I do the same thing, noticing that I have a load of texts from Ellie and Janie.

'Lil, what happened to you?'

'Lily, please at least reply.'

'What happened to "Cody's a player, I'd never trust him"?'

'Why're you never around anymore?'

Of course, their questions hit home, hard. But me being me, I ignore them all. Why? It's what popularity does to you. I'm popular now, I have no time for them. And for that, I'm sorry.