𝒊𝒙. russians cant build elevators

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
CHAPTER NINE !
❝ yeah I'm great, now,
knowing russians can't
build elevators❞
ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

STEVES screams were ear-piercing as the elevator fell with the kids trapped inside

STEVES screams were ear-piercing as the elevator fell with the kids trapped inside. Mabel's mind was reeling at the fact that this was happening. " I knew it, I knew this was a bad idea from the start!" Mabel cried as the elevator kept going through the floors. Everyone ignored Mabel's sobs as she was just rambling on. Everyone's screams prevailed in the small elevator. It seemed like the tiny room was closing in on Mabel as it fell.

" Shit! Shit!" Dustin cried out.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve cried out, tears practically falling from his eyes in fear. Mabel was now on the floor hugging her knees to her chest, her sobs becoming more and more prevalent.

"Yeah, no shit Harrington!" Robin shouted at the dumb remark.

"We're gonna die!" Mabel cried.

"We're not gonna die, heart!" Robin hissed making the girl cry out more.

Dustin smashed his fingers against the buttons that still were not working. "Why won't these buttons work!" he shouted.

"press the button!" Erica screamed at the boy making him angrily yell out. "what do you think I'm doing?!" he hissed.

"come on, press something! Just press the button!" Steve cried out.

"Press the button, Dustin, just keep pressing the buttons!" Shouted Mabel. The elevator was still falling, of course, they wouldn't be able to open the doors. There's no way in hell an elevator would open mid-fall. Suddenly the elevator stopped moving, crashing to the ground with a loud thud that shook the whole room. Everyone fell to the ground, Dustin onto Mabel, Erica onto Dustin, and Steve into some boxes.

"my groin." Steve whined. "it fell on my groin." the Harrington boy hissed in pain. "Dustin! Get this thing off of me!"

Robin let out a breathy sigh before looming over to Mabel who was still sitting with her knees to her chest. "hey, heart are you okay?" the blonde whispered, pulling the girl into her embrace. " It's okay." she cooed. Robin pulled away slightly from the girl to get a look at everyone around her. "Is everyone okay?" Robin questioned, her arms still around the Wu girl.

"Yeah, I'm great, now I know that Russians can't design elevators!" Steve shouted in rage, pushing through Dustin to the elevator buttons. Mabel stood up from the floor, wiping her tear-stained cheeks.

" I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work," Robin told Steve the Harrington boy turned to the girl. "They're buttons." He shouted, waving his hand. "They have to do something—" Robin cut him off. "Yeah, if we had a keycard!" She explained. Steve just kept pressing buttons in hopes that they'd magically work and everyone would be fine. Mabel started pacing the room, the voices of the people around her making her heart beat faster, and her anger rise. No one was being nice to each other and the hostility wasn't gonna help the situation.