𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
PROLOGUE !
❝ you're the mabel?
the one that gets fired
from every job?❞
ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

        MABEL stuffed her face with golden fluffy pancakes, sloppily adding more syrup on them as she did so

fluffy pancakes, sloppily adding more syrup on them as she did so. "hey, hey, hey, no ones taking them from you." Jasmine, Mabel's sister said quietly. "job interview, new job, got fired two days ago." Mabel said through a mouth full of pancakes. "you can't keep a job to save your life, may." Nick, Mabel's other sibling grumbled as he ate his oatmeal.

"oh shut up, Nicholas, at least I'm not a janitor-"

"hey, at least I have a steady income-"

"you two shut up!" Jasmine huffed, slapping both of their heads. they both let out gasps. "rude." Mabel mumbled grabbing her cup of apple juice. "anyways, I have an interview at scoops ahoy today and I can't be late, I've been fired from every store in that damn mall." she grumbled before standing up and grabbing her bag. "alright, see you, I'm taking the bus today by the way!" Mabel smiled kissing her sister on the cheek and then jabbing her brother in the neck with her index finger.

"bye-bye!"

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⠀

"Alright, so let's start with the basic questions."

"shoot, you floppy-haired fool."

"that's not a good start, wu." steve hummed as he scribbled down some notes. "oh come on, you're writing that down?" Mabel tried to sneak a glance at his paper. "hey! hey! confidential." steve hissed at her making her roll her eyes. "come on Harrington ask me questions." steve shrugged and nodded.

"name."

"Steve?!" Mabel huffed and rolled her eyes.

"that's my name-"

"Mabel, Mabel J. Wu." she huffed, steve, of course, wrote that down. "alright. sex?" steve questioned.

"not with you."

"first of all, rude, second of all... rude." steve scoffed as he wrote down her gender.

"prior experience?"

"JC penny, sears, radio shack, sam goody, jeans west, mary go round, pick and pay, claire's-"

"Okay, so the whole mall?" steve inquired.

"pretty much, yeah." Mabel shrugged with a goofy grin.

"phone number?"

"Stevie boy, are you trying to ask me out?" Mabel batted her eyelashes, blowing him a kiss.

"Mabel-"

"762-0912" she huffed. "lighten up Harrington."

"what days are best for you?"

"any days, I need money." she smiled.

"Alright, since no one else showed for the job, you're hired. let's go get you a uniform." steve hopped up from the booth he was sitting in, Mabel following. "alright so what size do you wear?" steve questioned. "shirts, large, pants fourteen or extra-large." she smiled following steve to the break room, where she plopped down in a chair. "cool, cool." steve nodded as he went to the closet where they kept the uniforms.

"oh god, sorry, sorry I'm late, my bike had a flat!" a girl huffed as she ran into the break room with a cute little sailors outfit on. that girl, Mabel identified was Robin from her chemistry class. "are you ready for your 'you suck' meter to go up—" robin spun around and jumped when she saw Mabel sitting down in the chair, her hair all curly and propped up with hairspray and barrettes. "oh, hi." robin smiled softly. "robin, this is Mabel Wu, she's our new trainee." steve smiled.

"holy shit you're that Mabel? the one who gets fired two days after every job? you got a sick rep." robin chuckled as she sat beside her.

"in the wise words of Joan Jett, I don't give a damn about my bad reputation."

ERYS SPEAKS!
hi steve and mabel's bromance is great