𝒊𝒊𝒊. the indiana flyer

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
CHAPTER THREE !
well that's thrilling ❞
ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

    MABEL  sighed as she lied on the table while Dustin tried to balance the tape recorder on her head

MABEL  sighed as she lied on the table while Dustin tried to balance the tape recorder on her head. "stop moving." he whispered, as Mabel tried to watch robin paced back and forth. "wait that last part, just one more time." Mabel rolled her eyes, Dustin picked up the tape recorder. "you've listened to it like five hundred-"

"sh." robin shushed her.

Dustin restarted the tape as Mabel sat up, watching robin and listening to the tape. Mabel knew the man was just repeating the same words, but she just couldn't say the words correctly so she kept her mouth shut. "okay, that word, um, it's pronounced by-Lynn-ya." robin thought aloud.

"dy-Lynn-ya." both Dustin and Mabel said in unison. "which is spelled.... d...d... " Dustin jumped up from his seat running to the whiteboard, not before plopping the tape recorder in Mabel's hands. "uh, the chair! the chair looking thingy." Mabel pulled a pad and pen out of her bookbag, writing the letter 'd' in Russian down. robin sat down next to her, so close she was almost on her lap. "okay, alright." she mumbled to herself. Mabel giggled happily, they finally had made a breakthrough in the translation.

"We got our first sentence." robin smiled, looking through the window at Steve who was still slinging ice cream. "the week is long." Mabel snickered behind her, listening to her impression of a Russian man. "well that's thrilling." steve replied unimpressed by their breakthrough. "well it starts you floppy-headed fool." Mabel huffed from her seat. she sounded and quite frankly looked like a child with her size and the uniform.

robin smiled before shutting the window and taking a seat next to Mabel again. "okay, so I've figured out there are some words in Russian that mean the same thing in dutch, but they're pronounced differently since the letters are different." Mabel began writing down some words she figured out that we're the same in dutch as they are in Russian. "okay, cool cool." Dustin mumbled as he and robin began to listen to the tape again, and then translating with the words Mabel wrote down. "you're freaking awesome, heart!" robin chuckled.

"heart?" Mabel raised an eyebrow.

"well yeah, I was gonna call you Joan Jett because of your 'bad reputation'" robin made quotation marks with her fingers.
"But you aren't as hardcore as her, heart. Heart fits you more since you're a child at heart." Mabel looked at her lap, a small blush tinting her cheeks. "wow, is robin going soft on me?" she chuckled.

"no-"

"hey butt lovers, let's freaking figure this out, okay?!" Dustin scoffed, replaying the tape.

˚୨୧˚˚୨୧˚

"The week is long, the silver cat feeds when blue and yellow meet in the west."