Chapter Twelve: Countdown

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here. These are the guys that want me dead, correct?" McQueen guessed.

"It's nothing personal." Trunkov replied, even though it would make Lightning feel better about getting killed.

"Fellers, listen." Mater called suddenly, trying to get everyone's attention. "I know what yer goin' through. Everybody's been laughin' at me my whole life too. But becomin' powerful and rich beyond your wildest dreams ain't gonna make you feel better."

The lemons seemed to seriously consider Mater's words for a brief moment before Curby Gremlin smirked. "Yeah, but it's worth a shot." He armed his shotgun.

Suddenly, a powerful stream of water washed away several of the Gremlin cars like a tsunami, sending their boss into the bushes, thanks to Red and Sally. Four of the lemons tried to surround Finn, but he launched his grappling hooks and pulled them all together in a collision. Holley reversed from two of the lemons coming towards her, activating her jet mode and smashed two more cars into her attackers.

A couple lemons lunged for the group, but suddenly found their wheels falling off and rolling away

A couple lemons lunged for the group, but suddenly found their wheels falling off and rolling away. "Peet stop." Guido huffed triumphantly, holding up an air wrench.

Flo approached the Trunkov, and she flashed her headlights at high-beam, blinding him long enough for Sheriff to slap a parking boot on him like he did with many of the other lemons. Mary now charged at the Trunkov, sideswiping him so hard that he goes tumbling into other lemon cars, knocking them down like bowling pins.

Ivan lunged for McQueen and Braedey, but Mater shot forward and knocked the blue tow truck aside. He swung around and smacked two lemon henchmen away as they approached, to the surprise of McQueen and Braedey. Mater gave a mighty yell and hooked his tow cable under the lead Pacer's jaw, throwing him aside and towards Ramone. The Impala slashed his paint can across the Pacer, leaving a trail of purple paint across the smaller car's windshield and hood, much to his pain. The remaining lemons stared in shock at their opponents: the spies, a police sheriff, and pretty much the entire town of Radiator Springs all ready to pound them into a pulp.