Chapter Ten: The Second Race

"You are looking live at beautiful Porta Corsa, Italy, on the Italian Riviera." Brent introduced to the worldwide audience. "What a magnificent setting for the second race of the World Grand Prix!"

"Well, Brent, they call this place the 'Gem of the Riviera,' and it's easy to see why." David spoke next. "With its secluded beaches and opulent casinos, Porto Corsa truly is a playground for the wealthy. And everyone who's anyone is here today, from the ultra-rich and super-famous..." the main screen showed different cars next to some other cars. One was an orange Lamborghini next to two black cars. "...to world leaders and important dignitaries." The screen next showed a white van with the Pope car onboard it.

"You aren't kiddin', David." Darrel commented. "You can't do a three-point turn without bumping into some celebrity."

The cameras were next at the race track. "Welcome, everyone, to the second race of the World Grand Prix...." The screen showed Brent, Darrel, and David in their box. "...where the big news continues to be Allinol. Sir Miles Axlerod spoke to the press earlier today to answer questions about its safety."

The cameras changed to Axlerod, who was talking to the reporters. "An independent panel of scientists has determined that Allinol is completely safe, okay? Safe. There it is." He then got angry and drove away.

The cameras went back to the announcers. "So, the race will go on, folks." Brent announced.

"But, the question everyone is asking...." A board next showed up: First place is Francesco Bernoulli with 10 points. Second place is Lightning McQueen with 8 points. Third place is Carla Veloso with 6 points. Fourth place is Braedey Martin with 5 points, Shu Todoroki with 4 points, Nigel Gearsley with 3 points, and etcetera. "...will the real Lightning McQueen show up today?"

The cameras looked at the track. "He'd better. Talk about a home track advantage." Brent added. "Francesco Bernoulli grew up racing on this course."

All the drivers were standing next to their cars, waving to the crowds, or waiting until the race was ready to begin

All the drivers were standing next to their cars, waving to the crowds, or waiting until the race was ready to begin. Francesco was getting more attention by the crowds, since he was in his hometown.

"Signore e signori, in the pole position, Numero Uno, Francesco." That was a male announcer speaking in Italian for the audience, and everyone cheered for Francesco.

"Bellissima! Thank you for your support!" Francesco said then looks to McQueen. "And your big mistake, McQueen!"

"In secondo position, numero 95, Lightning-a McQueen-a!" The announcer spoke out next, announcing the drivers in the positions they came in after the first race in Japan.

McQueen however, did not look too happy. He looked down at the track not sure what to do now, while Uncle Topolino's words were on his mind.

"McQueen, is everything okay?" Luigi asked from the pit on her headset.