35: An Awful Human Being

Jeremy and I shared a dance. It felt good to have him hold me in his arms and not feel like we had to hide it. We went back to his and made love. I decided to save tying him up for another time. Maybe his birthday.

Wednesday was a good day. At practice, Friedrich actually complimented my progress on my debut piece and had fewer complaints aimed at the strings family. After practice, Jeremy and I had lunch at home and then headed out for a volunteer food-distribution event. Afterwards we were trying to figure out how to spend our evening.

"Do you want me to see if Alexis can get us tickets to Krystal's show?" I offer.

"Really? Why would you want to go?" Jeremy asks me with a curious expression.

"Despite my disdain for her personally, I appreciate her craft. And I think some of Alexis's dancers may be involved. Remember Noah?" I ask.

"Fine, but only if Alexis and Manny can go too. It's risky for..." He starts to say.

"Yes, I know. It's risky for you and me to be seen together outside of work events downtown." I grumble.

"Hey, I know it's not ideal, but everything has settled down for once. Let's not jinx it, okay?" He kisses the frown on my lips, running his thumb over my scrunched forehead. I relent. He's right.

Leigh: Hey Alexis. Any chance you can get four tickets to see the Synced Cyphers tonight? You and Manny up for it?

Alexis: Funny you should ask. I have tickets for me and Manny already and he's fighting me on going. Said something about one of the dancers trying to hit on him at the donor dinner last night. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?

Leigh: She's Jeremy's former fiancée. Krystal Mayors.

Alexis: Jeremy was engaged to Krystal?! We do need to catch up! Are we still on for tomorrow? I'll see what I can do on the tickets. Manny will be less resistant if it's the group of us. Dinner too?

Leigh: Yes, we're still on and yes we need to talk! Do you know Amar Kourhy?

Alexis: Cuddly, Lebanese guy? Yeah, I know him. Why?

Leigh: That's who brought Krystal to the dinner.

Alexis: Ew. Seriously?

Leigh: Yep. If you get tickets we're in for dinner, but save gossip for tomorrow. I have something to tell you about Marcus too.

Alexis doesn't answer for awhile. I hear Jeremy practicing in the other room and smile as I lounge on the couch. I could totally get used to this sense of feeling at home with each other's company. Okay being separate, but together under the same roof.

I pop open an email from Jay with some of the picture proofs. I gasp at the pictures. The one of me running in barefoot is comical, but human. Several beautiful pictures of me with my instrument. A picture of me, Jeremy, Derek, and Merilyn at the bottom of the stairs when I was introduced. He says there are a few more he'll include in the story.

I'm about to send a reply and ask him when the story will be available, but Alexis is calling so I slide the button to answer. "What up, Lexi?"

"We are good for tonight. I was having problems at first, but then I called your buddy, Amar. Apparently you made quite an impression. He miraculously came up with the seats." She sounds amazed.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. B and B for dinner?" She suggests.

"Six? I'll probably come home and get a change of clothes." Our plans are coming together quickly.