Chapter 18: Preparation for Training Camp

"Everyone... I'm looking forward... to hearing your stories... about training camp..." Ashido said, trying her best not to cry.

As you know, there were people who failed the exams... Those students are Kirishima, Kaminari,  Ashido and Sato. So they are feeling a bit... uh gloomy because of that.

"W-We don't know for sure yet! There might be a last minute twist!" Midoriya said, trying to make them feel better.

"Y-Yeah! Don't lose hope!" Boboiboy chimed in.

"Stop, Midoriya, Boboiboy. If you guys say it out loud, it'll probably jinx it." Sero said, putting a hand on their shoulder.

"If we failed the exams, then we'd have to skip training camp and be in summer school hell. And since we didn't pass the practical exam..." Kaminari began to say.

"If you guys don't get it, then you're dumber than monkeys!" Kaminari sticked his fingers into Midoriya's eyes, making the teen scream in pain.

"Calm down. That's too long." Sero said. "I don't know, either. Our team passed thanks to Mineta, but I was just sleeping the whole time."

Unknown to Sero, Mineta was listening in to the conversation to hear the praise Sero was giving him. "Anyway, since we don't know how they're scoring it... "

"If you feel bad for us, then I dunno, just bring me back lots of stuff!" Kaminari said.

At that moment, the door swung open, revealing Aizawa. "Once the bell rings, get in your seats."

Once Aizawa opened that door, the students rushed back into their seats instinctively. They wouldn't want to piss off a very scary Aizawa now, would they?

"Morning. Unfortunately, there are those who did not pass the final exams. Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods..."

"...everyone's going!" Aizawa said with that troll face of his.

'A last minute twist!' The students who failed could cry tears of happiness right now.

"We can go, too?!" Kirishima said excitedly.

"Really?!" Ashido said.

"Yeah. Some failed, but no one failed the written exam. In the practical, Kirishima, Kaminari, Ashido, Sato, and Sero failed."

"EH?!" Sero exclaimed before facepalming. "I knew it... Just because my team passed didn't mean I scored high enough not to fail..."

"For this time's exam, we on the Villain side made sure to leave a way for the students to win while watching to see how you all would take on the task at hand. If we hadn't, most of you would've gotten stuck before you started."

"So when you said you were really out to crush us was...?!" Boboiboy exclaimed.

"That was to make you feel cornered. In the first place, the training camp in the woods is one to increase strength. So those who failed need it the most. They have to get stronger."

He put on his troll face again. "It was a rational falsehood."

'A rational falsehood?!' The failed students were screaming out in pure joy.

"I was tricked again! As expected of U.A." Iida said to himself.

 Iida stood up in his seat, stretching his hand up the highest he can. "However, since you lied to us twice, our faith in you will waver!"