Chapter 8: U.A. Sports Festival Part 5

"Ninth match start!"

She wasted no time at all in attacking first. Her opponent was Bakugou after all. It was a bad match-up for her because of the difference in their Quirks.

"... a swift attack!" Midoriya continued.

"Withdrawing isn't a choice!" She said as she was running towards Bakugou, basically declining his earlier option of giving up.

"All right! That's good." Midoriya exclaimed. "Even if it's an accident, as long as she can touch him, she can make him float!"

"Bakugou won't want Uraraka to get close to him." Iida stated.

"That's why Kacchan won't evade. He'll want to counterattack!" Midoriya continued.

"Then die!" Bakugou said as he prepared to counter as Uraraka got nearer.

Just before Bakugou was about to do a right swing, Uraraka anticipated it and tried to dodge. But even though she could anticipate his attacks, it's not like she's suddenly athletic enough to dodge them.

Bakugou countered with one of his explosions, stopping Uraraka in her tracks as smoke came out as an aftereffect from his incredible Quirk.

"Uraraka!" Midoriya and Iida called out to their friend, concerned for her well-being.

"As expected from Bakugou..." Boboiboy said.

Smoke filled the stage from his explosion. It became a possible smokescreen for Uraraka to use. Bakugou wasn't going to let his guard down.

Bakugou then saw a glimpse of her jacket erupting from the smoke. He then turned around with his incredible reflexes, preparing to attack.

"Don't underestimate me!" He shouted as he directed another one of his infamous explosions at her.

After some of the smoke had died down, Bakugou realized that he didn't get Uraraka, but got her jacket instead. Unbeknownst to him, she was behind him, preparing to launch an attack.

Just before Uraraka could touch him, Bakugou saw her from the corner of his eye and turned around quickly as he delivered yet another explosion, which flung Uraraka away.

"He moved after he saw her?" Sero said in disbelief.

"With that reaction time, it doesn't matter if there's a smokescreen." Kaminari stated. "With Uraraka not being able to activate her Quirk unless she touches him, she's at a disadvantage with Bakugou's reflexes!"

Bakugou swiped the smoke aside and found Uraraka as she then tried to run towards him. Bakugou, however, had other plans.

"Too slow!" He said as he delivered an upwards swing with his explosion, destroying the concrete in the process until Uraraka was hit.

Boboiboy flinched from all of the attacks Bakugou was doing. It was so intense that it was even destroying the stage. Boboiboy just sat there, helpless to do anything against it. He could tell Uraraka's friends were feeling the same. However, he had faith in Uraraka to somehow overturn this match in her favor.

"Uraraka keeps attacking without rest, but... this is..." Present Mic tried to announce but kind of failed because of his concern for the students, specifically Uraraka.

More and more explosions kept going off as Uraraka kept trying to attack Bakugou. The people went silent, having concern for Uraraka's health.
Even the Heroes were concerned as they complained about how they should stop this match, that Bakugou should have some mercy, and that type of stuff.

Before Boboiboy knew it, the crowd started booing for Bakugou's actions towards Uraraka. Bakugou himself was too focused on the fight that he didn't hear them, otherwise he'd be shouting at them aggressively by now.