𝐭𝐰𝐨

Beginne am Anfang

"Did you just say mingle?" She laughed. "I'm sorry, continue."

"It is very rude to make fun of people, Summertime."

"Did you-you must really want to replace the bag, huh?"

"All I'm asking for is your number. That's it."

"That's all you want?"

He hesitated. "For now."

"For now?" She quipped a brow. "You think this is going to progress or something?"

He winked. "Or something."

"Oh my god." She rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. "Let me think about it."

"We both know what your answer is going to be."

"Well, aren't you the confident one?"

"I prefer the term, persistent."

She shook her head in faux astonishment. "But can you use it in a sentence?"

"I want it. It being you."

She scoffed, biting her lip to hold in her smile. "Sir, stalking is illegal in all fifty states."

"Like you said, I'm not American." Summer forced herself to ignore the bass in his voice, especially the strength of his accent when he said certain words. She'd always been weak in the knees for a man with a deep voice. "And let us not pretend as though Thor isn't your favorite Avenger."

Her jaw dropped. "I'm kicking Evans ass." The corners of his mouth lifted in a small smile as her eyes widened. "You lied!"

He lifted his hands. "I didn't say anything."

She glared and went to hit him when he grabbed her arm, blocking the hit and twisting it so that her back was against his chest. "You're not the only one with brothers."

Looking over her shoulder, her eyes met his that were raking in the steady rise and fall of her chest, providing her with the perfect distraction that she needed in order to free herself from his grip. In a matter of seconds, she had him on the ground, on his back, her body straddling his, her forearm against his neck.

"Maybe not," she spoke lowly, mouth against his ear. "But mine are better."

To the side, Evans stood awkwardly, walking in at that exact moment. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Yes."

"No."

Summer rolled her eyes and stood up. "Don't listen to him. He got too comfortable."

"You didn't seem to mind."

"Hush," she snapped, hands on her hip as she looked over at her friend. "Are you still coming over tonight?"

"Can I?"

She lifted her middle finger toward Hemmy who spoke from behind her. "Text me." She said to Evans, walking over to grab her bag. "I'm going to hit the treadmill."

"Have fun." He mumbled as she gave him a side hug, noticing the Australian had his arms lifted slightly.

"Do I not get a goodbye?"

"Goodbye, Christopher."

He continued. "So about that number-"

"3587."

He paused. Already? He'd expected more of a fight, but that was all it took?

Evans expressed his surprise. "Come on, make him work for it."

Hemsworth wasted no time in pulling out his phone for the contact he'd made for her last week at the party. "The rest?"

Summer chuckled. "What about it?" Stepping toward him, she kept her arms crossed. "You are Thor, aren't you? Well, you might as well call me Miojnir because if you want me? You have to earn me."

He smiled mischievously, moving even closer to her, resisting the temptation to drag his finger across her arm. "And you've seen Thor, correct? So you now how it ends." They locked eyes. "I do."

Summer chewed on her bottom lip and looked up at him through her eyelashes. "Te tomo la mano para eso." She laughed at his confusion, turning to walk away. "Good luck."

As soon as she was out of earshot distance, he looked at Evans. "What did she just say?"

Sighing, he shrugged his shoulders. "Don't look at me. You did this to yourself." A beat. "So how's that wedding planning going?"

"Shut up," he grunted when he thought of something. "Do you know if they sell Rosetta Stone at target?"

—-

She said: I'm holding you to that :)