Chapter Seventeen - Through Sybil Eyes - In Between

Start from the beginning

I wasn't fully listening to her, still stuck on the little girl I saw in that room. I can't get the sounds of her pain-filled cries out of my ears. It felt like it was echoing inside my head. She looks just like that woman but... Not the same personality...

I would always remember the little girls during the years as I grew up. It was rather annoying when I woke up in the middle of the night due to a dream I had of her and the woman crying together. I couldn't understand why it was affecting me this much.

Maybe it's because I don't feel comfortable seeing the girl who looks so much like that woman cry like that? I decided to accept that for the reason why it was bothering me this much and it did help the dreams of both the girl and woman to settle down for a while.

I remember when I met the little girl again but she wasn't so little anymore. I snuck out of my house again and showed up at the place my mom worked again. She only let out a sigh as she allowed me to stay. I followed what she was doing for a while before I eventually grew bored with what she was doing.

I walked away when she wasn't looking and went to explore this huge house by myself. I eventually got to a door that was closed and for some reason, I wanted to head in there due to a nice scent that was coming from it. When I open the door it feels like I open a door to a whole new world.

Her eyes were cold as she looked through the book in her hands. She looked just like the woman but she wasn't the woman. When she made eye contact with me, my heart nearly came out of my chest. I got that same nervous feeling as I got with that woman. This had to be love!

She spoke coldly to me for the first time but it only made me like her more. When my mom found me with her and tried to take me away I had to grab onto her legs. It was such soft legs....

That was when I decided I would become a servant to this beautiful girl. My mom gave me a doubtful look but I ignored it, I had to stick by this girl's side so that this feeling will last longer! The beautiful girl, whose name I learned was Aurelia, gave me a cold look before leaving me alone with my mom.

My mom kept asking me if I was sure about my decision and that just because I was attracted to her doesn't mean I should work for her. I couldn't understand what my mom was concerned about and just wave off what she was saying, ignoring the looks she was giving me.

When I went back home that day and went to sleep I had that dream again with the woman and Aurelia. I couldn't understand why it was happening again but I tried not to think too much about it.

During my training to be Aurelia's servant I end up realizing that I have no idea how to tell the difference between salt and sugar. It was so embarrassing looking at Aurelia's expression as she forced herself to swallow the bad tea I made for her. She could have gotten pissed at me but she just told me to look more carefully next time.

I made sure to practice in secret for a while and I ended up realizing I was really good at baking. I wanted Aurelia to see that I wasn't a screw up so I went to her room to give her the dessert I made. It went I met that annoying little childhood friend of hers.

He was looking at me with eyes that looked like he wanted to attack me. Aurelia didn't seem to care that much about her childhood friend. Well... It seems like she didn't care for a lot of things. I know that she really cares for my mom but I don't know what she thinks about everyone else.

She was really not like that woman who was always so close to everyone else. I wonder why she was like that and not just like that woman. For some reason the more I thought along those lines, Aurelia and the woman in my dream would keep on getting closer to each other. To the point, it looked like they would combine to be the same person.