Chapter Twenty-Six - Training, Loss, And Pain

I was breathing heavily as I hid away in a hole in a tree and I could hear the scream of Eli as he was caught. I was covered in sweat and I felt so dirty. My hair wasn't doing perfect either seeing as I am pretty sure there were leaves and twigs currently in it.

"Let see... My precious babies manage to catch one of you. I wonder who they will catch next~?" Drucilla sounded way too cheerful as her voice echoed in the forest we were currently in. I really didn't understand why the first day of training was us basically running and hiding away from her pack of wolves, it didn't make sense!

How did I go from reading books in the library about my mom's home country with Colton to hiding away from a bunch of wolves and my weird aunt? This doesn't make sense at all! Shouldn't we just slowly do stuff to increase our skills, not some survival stuff!

'Ugh! I think there is a bug in my shirt or is it snow? I don't know but it feels so gross!' I shiver as something goes down my back and I quickly reach inside of my shirt. I felt a bit better knowing it was just snow that was melting down my back and not some gross bug.

I really tried to understand how this even happened in the first place... I was in the library reading some books with Colton. We slowly got closer (he would deny that if I told him this to his face.) and could maybe be seen as people who could probably get along in some situations. Eli was with me as well and he was very close to falling asleep.

It wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't fully on me with his whole body as I was trying to read a book. He wouldn't move at all no matter how much I nudge at him and I could really just lift him with my weak arms.

"Hey, girly boy! If you aren't here to read then leave! It is insulting to see someone just sleep instead of reading!" Colton slammed the book he was reading onto the table and glared at Eli who blinks away the sleep in his eyes.

"I don't want to leave... Aurelia is here and I am so scared of being in a place I don't really know. Aurelia... Can't I stay here with you? I promise not to do anything to bother you..." Eli was looking at me with big watery eyes and a pout. I didn't know if he was doing it on purpose but his cuteness levels seem to increase by a lot at the moment. It made it hard to think clearly for a second.

"HEY! STOP DOING THAT!" Colton's loud voice snapped me out of the daze I was in and for some reason, it seemed like Eli just clicked his tongue. I looked over to Colton whose face was red as he glared at Eli from behind his glasses.

"What am I doing? I am just being myself. Aurelia, I am not doing anything bad am I?" Eli put his head on my shoulder as he looked up at me with those watery eyes again and I could feel all the common sense slowly leaving my head the longer I looked into his eyes.

"Hey, you she-man! Quit getting all heart eyes towards that girly boy! Are you so simple that you will fall victim to someone whose appearance is slightly above average?!" I felt something hit my head and I looked toward Colton who looked like he was going to pass out from how red he was turning.

"Aurelia is not a she-man! And even if she was it wouldn't matter! She is perfect no matter what! Unlike you with that sharp tongue of yours! And you wonder why you don't have any friends..." I don't know why but it felt like Eli was taunting Colton as he spoke to him with a harsh tone.

"I don't have friends because I don't want to be friends with dumbasses! Why would someone as smart as me waste my time with someone who can't even understand what I am saying?!" Colton crossed his arms over his chest as he looked away with a huff from Eli but I couldn't help but notice he was looking at me every few seconds. He looked like he wanted me to say something.

"Oh really? I see, then I am mistaken then. I guess it understandable that someone who isn't as bright as everyone else would avoid having friends to hide that fact from everyone." Eli had a cute smile on his face but it just felt so cold coming from him.