Chapter 5

Rita's P.O.V

After our ice-cream, we drove home. "Can we go visit daddy today? I made him a picture." Jonah asked, as we pulled up our street. "I don't know, baby girl." I say, running my fingers threw my hair. "Can us go now?" She asked. "I guess if you want." I say, hoping she'll change her mind. "Yay. I need picture." She says, referring to her drawing. We get to the house and she runs to get her drawing. I go to the bathroom and change the bandages on my cut. It looked infected, but I really couldn't care less.

After we were ready, we drove to the prison. We signed in and we went to the cafeteria, so Jonah would see him as a person instead of an animal behind a glass window. "Daddy!" She screamed, seeing Johnny sitting at the same table as a few days ago. "Princess." He said, giving her a hug. "I made this." She said, giving Johnny a picture of her teddy bear. "Oh wow. That's beautiful." He said, making her smile. "I need to talk to your daddy, why don't you play a game on my phone?" I say, handing my phone to Jonah, who was sitting beside Johnny. "Yay." She said, starting to play a Barbie game. "I heard you might be getting out." I say, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "You heard right." Johnny says, stretching his arms. "Look, that girl was just a-a-a..." He started. "A what?" I asked, making him more nervous. "A mistake. I thought you hated me. I moved on, but when I saw you storm out with Jonah, I broke it off with her. I want to be with you and Jonah. I love both of you so much." He said, looking into my eyes. "Johnny, you were seeing another girl." I said, looking at my wrist. "What happened?" Johnny asked, gesturing to my wrist. "That girl and you is what happened." I say, starting to cry. "Baby, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you." He said. "It's fine Johnny. I'm only forgiving you for Jonah's sake though." I said, wiping my tears. "Deal." Johnny said, wrapping his arm around Jonah. "I like your matching dresses." Johnny said to Jonah. "I picked." Jonah said, referring to her picking them out. She stood up and did a little twirl. Johnny and I bursted out laughing at how cute she looked. "Daddy, when you are coming home?" Jonah asked, sitting back at the table. "Soon, princess." He said, with a sad smile. "Well, if you need me to appear in court for you, just give me a call." I say, giving Johnny a wink. "I might take you up on that. I'll try and call tomorrow." He says, running his fingers threw his now short hair. "Well, we better be going." I say, walking around the table and picking up Jonah. "Bye, princess. Bye, babe." He says, giving each of us a kiss.

Jonah and I walked out to the car and drove home. "Did you like visiting daddy today?" I ask, turning into McDonald's. "Yes!" She replied. We walk in and wait in line. "What do you want, baby girl?" I ask. "Nuggets and fries and Barbie." She said, referring to the small toy. We walk up to the cash and I tell her Jonah's order. "Is that all?" The cashier asked. "Yup." I said, pulling out my wallet. "That'll be 5.30$, Please." She said. I handed her the money and she handed me Jonah's supper. We return to the car and we drive back home.

Jonah sits at the table and starts eating. I went upstairs and put on one of Johnny's old shirts I had. It ended just above my knees and his smell of rum and cigarettes stained the shirt. I walked downstairs and ate a banana. I watched Jonah play with her toy, as I started writing a new story.

"Chapter 1
She loved him, he loved her. She was free, he was locked away." I typed, feeling ideas flow threw my mind.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys, please enjoy this chapter. If not, oh well. Lol! Please comment, vote and follow, if not, again, oh well.

Love: Grace ❤