Chapter 66 (Christmas Special)

Start from the beginning

"Are you hot?"

"Cold actually, I can't seem to warm up," she told him. Keefe wrapped his arms around her waist, guiding her back to her room. Her stomach had grown quite a bit in the past month but he didn't mind. He liked to run his hands over her stomach, seeming to feel the baby. 

"Do you want to snuggle?" he asked her. She nodded, waving him over to her bed. Keefe smirked, crawling onto the bed where she laid. The fan was in the room and her windows were open as well. The air was free and Keefe felt like he was outside. 

"I don't think I'm ready for this," Sophie whispered, running her hands over her showing stomach. Keefe smiled, running his hands over her stomach as well. They stayed quiet for a moment and suddenly he felt a spark of happiness. His hand stopped moving and his eyebrows furrowed, his fingers pressing against her skin with more pressure. 

"What is it?" she asked him. Keefe stared at her stomach again, feeling warmth run through his system. Maybe it was Sophie's emotions or maybe it was the babies. 

"She feels happy," he whispered to her. She looked up to his eyes quickly and laid her hand on his. 

"You can feel her?" Sophie asked him. Keefe nodded and nuzzled his face into her neck at the feeling. With both the warmth flowing up his fingers and her scent he felt he was in heaven. 

"And she is happy?" Sophie asked, her voice cracking. Keefe nodded again. 

"I'm happy as well," he told her. 

They laid in bed for the meanwhile until darkness came over the roaming fields outside. Sophie stared out the window as Keefe softly breathed on her neck, his tongue running across the tendons as he dreams of something. 

But suddenly, collared lights illuminated outside. Reds, blue, and yellows. She quickly sat up, knocking her elbow against Keefe's chin at the sight. He awoke with a start, quickly wiping his mouth which was full of drool. 

"You drool in your sleep," Sophie mumbled, distracted y the lights. She quickly pushed herself out of the bed, racing towards her window. Outside, Grady must have hunglights along the house for all the way down her wall were patterns of blinking lights. 

"Keefe-" Sophie whispered. 

"Come on darling, there's more waiting downstairs," Keefe said to her. Sophie walked down the stairs with him and gasped at the stairs. Bright lights floated in the air, glowing snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. Green trim  ran down the stairs rail and long white rug laid on the stairs, over the normal red one. Down the stairs however was a beautiful sight. More snowflakes and lights hung everywhere, different Christmas flowers being put in all the vases. Edaline was putting the finishing touches on the tree. 

"Oh Keefe, the tree!" Sophie said with a beautiful giggle. The tree seemed to have been put together upside down, the largest branches being connected at the top with the smaller ones at the bottom.

She felt Keefe tense while holding her hand. 

"Is there something wrong?" Keefe asked as Edaline hung one last big red bulb on one of the branches. A star was at the top of the tree and Sophie squeezed his hand, bringing it up to her mouth to kiss it gently. 

"No, It's perfect," she whispered. Grady was sitting at the table, grumbling about something. Then, Sophie saw it. 

Grady was wearing an ugly Christmas sweater.

And it was ugly.

"Oh, dad," Sophie said, trying to suppress her giggles as he stood up and turned around. The base of the fabric was a tree green with green trim running all the way around the sleeves. A Christmas tree seemed to have been printed on. It also had bulbs hanging from the tree as well.