Prologue

I stare at myself in the mirror. "I haven't seen myself in a mirror in months", I whisper. I caress the bruises on my stomach, as I touch each and every one of them  I can reenact what event took place in my head. Him beating me, over and over again. I began to burst out into tears. All I could think about was Chase saying

"Lani you don't listen!", "Lani you stupid sl/t! I saw you flirting with him at lunch today!", "I would never take you out anywhere dressed like that! Go change you're an embarrassment to you entire family!"

It repeats and repeats in my head over and over again. I thought to myself "He only does it when he is drunk.He doesn't remember anything. It's okay he will stop eventually...I'll help him."But deep down we all know that is a lie. He is never

going to want to get help, because he believes he never did it. I finally stopped sobbing and wiped my tears. I walked away from the mirror and went towards my window. I was then abruptly interrupted by my door being swung open. It was my mother.She is an alcoholic so as usual she is intoxicated. She bursted into my room and asked why my room is a mess. Then  she proceeded to insult me by saying how much of a f/ck up and a slob I am. I finally grew some balls and told her to shut the hell up, Which was my first mistake. She got so angry she wound up her fist so far back and swung it right into my face. Which made me fall off the chair and onto the floor. Then I called her a crazy b/tch under my breath thank god she didn't hear me.I just laid there on the floor looking at the ceiling.My room was silent. All you could here was the fan spinning. It was peaceful. As I laid there I began to think,"Is this what death feels like? Being happy and full of bliss?". My interest in death began to grow.

I wanted it to conquer me so bad. I wanted to get out of this hell hole.My mom beats me and so does my boyfriend. To top it all off I also get bullied at school. I needed something to take my problems away. I needed some fresh air.So I opened the window and I climbed out, during the process my oversized sweater got caught causing  me to fall. Once I got myself up I walked up a hill. This hill overlooked the ocean. It was beautiful. Watching the water over lap on the white sand as I inhaled the scent of the ocean created so much happiness for me.  "Pure Bliss" I said to myself. The idea of death creeped up on me once again. After being scatterbrained for a minute I came to the realization that I would love to die at the beach. It was a beautiful place and the only thing that brought me bliss besides the idea of death itself.So I walked to the edge of the hill.It didn’t look very safe but I didn’t care. I let my left foot dangle off of the cliff for a good minute before I decided I’d plummet to my death.I then rolled up my sleeves and seen all my cut marks. I remembered what each of them represented. Some were because of family problems and others were because of boyfriend problems. After that  I rolled up my shirt and saw all the bruises on my stomach. The discoloration brought me to tears. I realized how unhappy I was on planet Earth. I couldn’t do it anymore.  I was ready for it all to end.  I took a few steps back and began to run at full speed with my eyes closed. Once I was near the edge I felt a tug on my shirt and a deep voice shouting “No, stop!”

Author's note: Hey guys! What do you think?!?! Negative & positive I'd love to know! Any type of feedback would be helpful to strengthen my writing! How do you guys feel about Lani ! What do you think will happen next? Drop a comment ^.^ I'll make sure to respond! Love you all from the bottom of my heart!

Sincerely, Cyriah

xoxo.....