21. Luck is never on your side

Start from the beginning

''Can we talk?'' Valerio breathed out, almost begged me. I realised he was drunk. Unfortunately for him I was too. ''Please.'' he said once more and I sighed before turning to Ander. 

''The bathroom is right next to the kitchen. Over there.'' I said and pointed towards the kitchen. Ander nodded at me.

''Uh...thanks.'' he said and turned around. When I turned back to face Valerio, before I could realise anything he had grabbed my head and went in for a kiss. My eyes widened and before he could touch my lips I slapped him across the face and pushed him away. His eyes locked with mine as he touched his now red cheek.

''What the hell?!'' I yelled at him furious and then took several steps towards him before grabbing the neck of his shirt, bringing our face close. And holding him in place tightly. ''Joaquín could have seen us, asshole!'' I whispered/yelled at him. His look was blank as I held him close to me, my brows pushed together and my eyes piercing his.

''How long do you think untill he finds out about this?'' he said, surprisingly calmly, his look still blank. His words challenged my anger.

''I will do whatever I can so he doesn't.'' I spat at him, still holding him. He groaned and pushed me away to get out of my grip. I took some steps back to keep my balance.

''Oh, please!'' he exclaimed, almost yelled. ''Why do you want this so much? Huh!? Why do you want so fucking much to keep this a secret when it is not! Everybody knows it!'' he now yelled at me. 

''Keep your voice down!'' I snapped at him, threatening. He just chuckled mocking me.

''Oh, I get it now. You don't want him to know because you're afraid he's going to hate you.'' he said and I was taken aback before shaking my head.

''No.'' I told him. But his amused smirk didn't leave his face.

''I get it now why you like him. You feel normal with him, you use him like an escape from reality.'' he continued but I refused to hear him. I shooked my head repeatedly.

''What reality?!'' I exclaimed, tired of him attacking me.

''The reality when everyone hates you! Are you that blind?! Everyone hates us in this fucking school! They're disgusted of us. But of course they don't say it in front of you, of course they come to your parties, of course they treat you nice. Because they're all hypocrites!'' he exclaimed and I was too shocked to have any look on my face right now. 

''You are wrong.'' I spat at him but he came close to me, bringing his face close to mine. His look serious. 

''Then why don't you tell him?'' he said and then stepped back. ''But I guess you can't since he ditched you.''he continued.

''He didn't ditch me.'' I argued.

''Well where is he then?'' he asked and fakely looked around. ''I thought you had a date.'' he added, clearly knowing about my plans with Joaquín.

''Something probably came up.'' I tried to find the right thing to say.

''This is the thing, Savvy, no one will care for you as much as I do.'' he said and looked inside my eyes. ''Because we're both so broken we understand each other.'' he continued but I refused to see it. I again shook my head but he grabbed my shoulders. ''Look at us! The two of us drunk as fuck and fighting with each other in the middle of your valentine party.'' he exclaimed, trying to make me see and realise that he was right. I looked up at him.