"Oh I can't impose on your family Harper. I'll be ok here. Sandra probably has some shifts for me," I shot her a smile, trying to convince her of the fact that I would be just fine.

I wanted to say yes to her, but it would mean more to me if Joey asked me instead. If I'm going to their home, it should be as Joey's girlfriend and not as Harper's roommate.

I got up from my desk and head to our small kitchenette to make myself a coffee before I attempted my assignment again. As I waited for the coffee to heat up, there was a quick knock on our door before it opened and Joey and Ethan bustled in without even waiting for a reply. 

"Oh just let yourselves in why don't you!" Harper teased as Ethan threw himself onto her bed.

"Derrr babe," Ethan said like it was the most obvious thing ever.

Joey snuck up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close. He kissed my neck before whispering "Hi," in my ear.

"Hey yourself," I turned my head to peck him on the lips before turning back to my coffee.

"How's the study going?" He asked, both of us tuning out Harper and Ethan who were talking softly on her bed.

"Terrible! But now that you're here can you please look and see what the hell I'm missing! I can't balance the damn thing and I've sat staring at it for hours now!"

He laughed at my frustration before heading to my laptop and sitting at the desk. The damn cocky bastard, it took him all of three minutes to work out that I missed the tax on one line, which threw out my whole spreadsheet.

"Are you taking a break soon babe?" Joey asked me as he made himself comfortable on my bed.

"I guess I could get some food, but I want to get this done," I replied, distracted slightly as my attention was back on my work, still annoyed I had missed something so obvious.

"Come on Morgan, you have been at it all afternoon," Harper threw in her two cents worth just as Joey's phone began ringing.

He pulled it out of his pocket, looking at the screen before deciding to answer.

"Hey Mom, what's up?"

I half listened to his end of the conversation, assuming it would be like any of their other phone calls. Sophia often checked in on Joey, it was cute. He was a momma's boy.

"Yeah I'm with Morgan, why?" That peaked my interest, now giving him my full attention as I turned to face him.

"I guess you can talk to her," he looked at me  raising his eyebrows as if to silently ask me the question.

I held out my hand for his phone as he handed it over to me, shrugging his shoulders.

"Hey Sophia!" I answered happily. His mom was great and every time he spoke to her when I was around she always asked how I was doing too.

"Hi darling. Listen I won't keep you long because I know you are probably busy, but I wanted to ask you about Thanksgiving break," she quickly rushed out.

"Oh? Harper asked me about that earlier actually," I replied slowly, taking in the questioning looks I was getting from around the room.

"She did? I assume my son hasn't said anything though?"

"No, he hasn't," I glanced at Joey he furrowed his eyebrows trying to work out what we were discussing.

"He is so much like his father sometimes, totally oblivious. Well anyway Morgan, we would love if you would come to stay with us over the break. I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to assume you had no plans, but it's Joey's birthday then too and I know his dad and his sisters are just dying to meet you. Please consider it."

"Thank you Sophia, I don't have plans so I will certainly consider it, I'll talk to Joey and one of us will let you know," I replied, smiling at Joey as he looked at me confused.

"Ok sweetie, and you tell him off for not inviting you himself! I kept waiting for him to call me to check it was ok, but when he didn't I took matters into my own hands!"

I laughed before ending the phone call and telling her we would speak to her soon.

"What was that about?" Joey asked as soon as I hung up.

"Well first, she said I had to tell you off," I teased.

He scoffed, "What did I do?"

"It's what you didn't do," I said pointing at him. "Your mom, and in fact Harper too, asked me to come stay over the break."

Realisation hit his eyes and he suddenly looked guilty. "To be honest, I just kinda assumed you were coming."

"Joey, you can't just assume these things without talking to me!"

"I see that now! Sorry babe, I've never done this before, so ah, you will come stay yeah? It's my birthday too and I'd really like you there," he asked sitting up and grabbing my hands.

"Not like I'm doing anything else! Plus I was already going to come see you for your birthday," I laughed and Harper let out an excited squeal.

"You were?" He questioned, looking awestruck but unable to hide his smile.

I nodded, getting off my desk chair and climbing onto the bed and into his arms. "Yep, I'm planning a surprise for you."

"This is going to be so much fun!" Harper said excitedly.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It felt great to be so included in the Cameron family.

Ali's family and my foster family were never unwelcoming, but it always felt so temporary. Like they pitied me because I had no one else. I felt like I fit with the Cameron's, despite our different backgrounds. I felt like I was wanted.

Despite my previous views on holiday's, I was now excited for Thanksgiving. As I lay in Joey's arms I couldn't believe how lucky I had got.

"Ok, if we are done playing happy families over there, can we please go and get food now. I'm an athlete, I need to be fed!" Ethan grumbled and we all laughed.

"Come on," I said slapping Joey's leg lightly. "Burgers are on Joey for forgetting to invite his beautiful, sexy, smart girlfriend home for the break," I grinned at him mischievously.

"Why do I have to shout all four of you for that? Ethan can buy his own!" He scoffed.

"Because your just such a giving guy," I laughed, pecking him on the nose while stifling a laugh at his outraged facial expression.

"How long are you going to make me feel bad about this?" He asked as the four of us made our way out of the dorm.

"I haven't decided yet, but I think I'll make it worth my while," I winked at him. I really didn't intend on holding it against him for long at all, but if I got a little extra love and attention and a few free meals out of it, then who am I to turn that down.

 I really didn't intend on holding it against him for long at all, but if I got a little extra love and attention and a few free meals out of it, then who am I to turn that down