Prologue

picture of Xavier on the side

Comment and tell me what do you think?

_____________________________________________

Angelina POV:

"Come here." He said calmly, too calmly.

His tone sending shivers down my spine. I was frozen in my spot unable to think straight, all I could do was to stare up at the icy pair of eyes that seemed to have some power of hypnotizing their preys. I felt myself shiver at how intense his eyes were penetrating mine as I slowly stood up again.

"and don't try doing anything stupid." He added in something that seemed like a whisper. But of course, that was exactly what I did. In hopes to flee, my wobbling legs darted to the opposite direction. Surprisingly, I heard nothing but a sigh from behind me, but not for long.

I tried to push myself to run faster as I heard the long strides behind coming closer. Suddenly muscular arms wrapped around me from behind, and in swift motion, my back was slammed against cold wall of the dark alley. I felt myself trembling like a leaf as he trapped me with his much much bigger figure.

"I must admit, you are fast, but not fast enough." He said pulling a gun from his back pocket. This was it. I knew I was supposed to cry for help or at least beg for mercy, but I didn't. Maybe I do deserve this, maybe this is what I need right now, maybe this can be a relief for me and the rest of the world. I was never more than a waste of space or else things could have been different.
Maybe I do deserve this.

I stood there unfazed as the gun stood right in front of the center of my forehead.

"No protesting?" Traces of amusement shadowed his face, but it was so quick that I thought I imagined it. As his finger started to apply the slightest bit of pressure on the trigger, I felt the urge to close my eyes and prepare for the impact. But I just couldn't tear my gaze from his crystal blue eyes that seemed to be searching mine.

Instinctively my eyes shut when I heard the shooting of a bullet. Shouldn't I feel any kind of pain? Wait, maybe I am dead. Wow that was easier than I thought. No that's too easy, right? Like seriously I felt nothing. Something is not right. I was really confused, so I reopened my eyes. I took a quick look surprisingly finding myself not pierced by a bullet. I'm still alive?! My curious gaze snapped back to Mr. blue eyes who sighed and cussed under his breath.

He placed the gun back at my forehead, and took a deep breath. I guess he missed his first shot; weird, the gun was aimed straight at my head. This time the cold metal actually pressed against my skin. He seemed to be determined on pressing the trigger and getting this over with.

On the other hand, I stood there waiting patiently until he switched his eyes from the gun to my grey ones. His jaw seemed to tense.

"DAMN IT!!" I jumped a bit when he cussed loudly and punched the wall right beside my head which now I think has a hole due to the impact. In seconds , my widened eyes watched as he recollected himself. Bipolar?

"You're coming with me.'' He said calmly making my breath hitch.

And that was it. It was the end and the new start, the twist of my whole life. The day I met one of the most dangerous men on earth- and the hottest man I have ever seen, may I add- Xavier Blake.