The Midnight Duel

En başından başla

"Of course he has." Ron stated, whirling around to the boy. "I'm his second, who's yours?" Malfoy sized up his 'friends'.

"Crabbe. Midnight, all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room that's always unlocked." Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle disappeared.

"What's a Wizard's Duel?" Harry asked. "And what do you mean you're my second?"

"Well, a second's there to take over if you die." Ron commented casually. And I could feel Harry's fear.

"Don't worry." I assured, placing my hand on his shoulder. "This isn't a proper Wizards Duel. With your's and Malfoy's abilities at the moment, the worst you could do is spark at each other."

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?" Harry asked.

"Toss your wand and deck 'im."

"Excuse me." A voice spoke up. The three of us turned to see Hermione.

"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" Ron complained.

"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying-"

"Bet you could."

"-And you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really selfish of you."

"And it's really none of your business." Harry but in.

"Goodbye." Ron added.

It was about half-past eleven that night when I made my way downstairs

It was about half-past eleven that night when I made my way downstairs. Harry and Ron were there as well. They ambled down in their bathrobes, while I was just wearing my pyjamas, a long sleeved shirt, tracksuit pants and slippers. My hair was pulled into a messy bun on the top of my head. "You two ready?" I asked.

"I can't believe you're doing this Harry." A voice said from one of the chairs. A lamp clicked on to reveal Hermione.

"You!" Ron huffed, "Go back to bed!"

"I almost told you're brother, Percy?" My eyes narrowed at her. "He's a Prefect, he'd put a stop to this." Hermione turned to me. "You shouldn't be condoning this, you're a Fourth year."

"I don't have to listen to you." I snapped, "As you have so clearly said, I am a fourth year, which means I am older than you. I'm going to make sure these two idiots don't hurt themselves." I glanced back at the boys, "Come now." I pushed open the portrait of the Fat Lady, climbed through the hole and waited for the others to follow. However, Harmione couldn't let this go. She followed Ron out of the common room, still complaining.

"Don't you care about Gryffindor? Do you only care about yourselves? I don't want Slytherin to win the House Cup, and you'll lose us all the points I got from Professor McGonagall for knowing about Switching Spells."

"Go away." Ron insisted.

"All right. But I warned you. You just remember what I said when you're on the train home tomorrow, you're so-" Hermione cut herself off. I looked behind me and saw that the Fat Lady was gone, off on a nighttime stroll to visit another Portrait. We were all locked out of Gryffindor Tower. "Now what am I going to do?"

"That's your problem. We've got to go, we're going to be late." The three of us headed to the end of the hall, however, we didn't make it far when Hermione appeared at my side.