Dumbledore's Visit

Sarah took them all to the small house she'd managed to procure in a Highland village not far from Hogwarts.

The original owners were a young muggle couple with a small son. Sarah had managed, with some help from her wand, to convince them they needed to move back in with the wife's parents for a while so that the plumbing could be fixed.

Sarah and Diego laid Barnaby down on the couch, while Talbott helped Penny into a bright yellow armchair.

"You okay?" Sarah asked her. Penny's face had gone green.

"I will be," she said with some difficulty. "I've learned that apparition and pregnancy aren't a good combination."

"This place is on the small side," said Sarah. "It's the best I could do on short notice."

"As long as it's safe," said Talbott. He knelt next to Penny, holding her hand and stroking her arm as she attempted to gain control of her nausea. "How safe is it, exactly?"

"This house has been placed under the fidelius charm," said Sarah.

Talbott and Diego nodded, but Barnaby asked, "What's a fi-say-de-us charm?"

"Fidelius. It makes this place invisible to everyone accept the Secret Keeper, and any person the Secret Keeper tells. The only other person who can find this place accept us is Dumbledore."

"Is he the Secret Keeper?" asked Diego.

"No. I am," said Sarah.

"So, what do we do now?" asked Penny. "Just hide out here until someone finds a way to get rid of You-Know-Who? What about your work?" she asked Talbott. "What will they think when you don't turn up tomorrow?"

"That I'm the latest in a growing number of disappearances which could easily be explained by accepting that You-Know-Know has returned?" He chuckled. "No, they'll just assume I quit with no explanation. Most of them will be happy to be rid of me. Fudge has been looking for an excuse to rid the ministry of anybody he thinks is too friendly with Dumbledore."

"I'm sorry," said Sarah to the both of them again. "I've completely uprooted your lives, just before you have a baby."

"No," said Penny. "You aren't to blame for any of this. You-Know-Who did this."

Sarah nodded, but she couldn't help feeling responsible.

"You are right though," said Diego. "We can't just sit around here forever until the war is over. What are we going to do?"

"That's why Dumbledore knows where to find us," said Sarah. "He and the rest of the Order are busy dealing with the breakout now. Fudge has finally let the papers get wind of it. But, he'll be stopping by with jobs for us soon. For now, we should all get some sleep. Unfortunately, this place only has two bedrooms..."

"Barnaby can stay on the couch," said Diego quickly. "He's already there, and I'd hate to hurt him anymore by moving him again."

"But," Barnaby began, but Penny interrupted.

"That would be good, because I'll need to give you another dose of potion in the middle of the night. I won't wake anybody else up if you're in here."

"Fine," he grumbled.

The group said goodnight and set off to find the bedrooms. Penny and Talbott took the master, and Sarah and Diego found the bedroom that must have belonged the muggle family's son. It was small and cluttered with toys.

"Only one bed," said Diego, regarding the small twin before them. "Oh well, guess we'll have to make the most--"

Sarah waved her wand and made a duplicate of the bed, placing one on the opposite side of the room as the other.