𝐇𝐚𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬

The harsh scent of drink could be smelt on the girls breath, a couple more vodka shots and her mind was in a frenzy, world spinning faster than normal, legs giving way. She had made her way around, chatting with everyone. Tourons, kooks and her fellow residents from the cut. 

"JJ!" Olivia slurred, drunkenly slinging an arm around his waist and winking at the boy who also happened to be fairly drunk. A small laugh slipped from JJ's lips at the sight of the girl but he lightly shrugged her off of him. He was in the middle of a conversation with a blonde touron that he planned to do more than 'chat' with for the night.

"Hey Liv. I'm a bit busy now. I'll talk later?" He tried to politely gesture for her to leave but he was met with a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Have fun, JJ," Liv responded with a snicker, her gaze narrowing at the touron he was speaking to. The girl couldn't help but shoot them a skeptical look, sensing an underlying tension between the two, before leaving awkwardly.

"Thanks for that. She was supposed to be my hook up for the night Olivia." JJ grumbled.

"Oh, boohoo, JJ. Is it so hard to keep your dick in your pants for just one kegger?" Olivia retorted, her tone laced with sarcasm.

"Uh, yes, it actually is," JJ shot back, a mocking tone in his voice. "Stop pretending like you've got the moral high ground right now. How many guys have you disappeared with already tonight?" he questioned, not holding back.

"Shut the fuck up. You don't-" Olivia began to raise her voice, but she was abruptly cut off mid-sentence.

"Hey just fucking chill out okay." JJ snapped angrily. "Everyone else is so chill drinking right now and you're just taking the piss." He shushed her, and the girl simply rolled her eyes, shoving him aside roughly.

"No, you did this to me! You have no damn right to get mad at me for having a few too many drinks. Jesus Christ, JJ. Who introduced me this shit? You tell me." The boy looked stunned, the anger in her words catching him off guard. He hadn't been mad at her before, but now he was, his frustration building.

"Things like self-control are important, Liv. Not my fault you don't know your limits baby," JJ responded, his frustration clear in his tone.

"What? " The words rolled off of her tongue, filled with venom. "This is just one time!"

"No, Liv it's not just 'one time'," JJ retorted, his voice rising with frustration. "Every single time we throw a kegger you get wasted, acting like a complete mess, and fucking every guy you lay your eyes on." His anger was evident.

"What are you trying to say?" She narrowed her eyes at JJ, bracing herself for what she expected would be a brutal response.

"I'm saying you keep fucking around with everyone tonight and now they all think you're an easy whore." He spat out angrily. Olivia's face fell, her shoulders slumping as his words hit her like a heavy blow. JJ's words were carefully spoken, devoid of drama, and carried a sense of finality.

"I'm just being friendly," she muttered, her words suddenly felt quieter, smaller. "It's just the way I am when I'm drunk. It's being friendly."

"No but you're overly friendly with everyone. It just means you're willing to throw yourself on anyone that's there! That's not self worth Olivia." JJ spoke, his words laced with anger.

"My self-worth?" Olivia retorted bitterly, her anger taking control of her thoughts. "Don't you act like you've got the moral high ground here. You'll fuck any girl that breaths!" She yelled, anger starting to consume her thoughts.

"Why? You jealous?" JJ responded, a small scoff escaping his lips. He was seething with anger, but he wouldn't let it show. He knew that's what she wanted. Instead, he watched as she paused, desperately wanting to deny her jealousy but unable to do so. The look on her face revealed that he had struck a nerve, pushing her to her breaking point.

"No, JJ. Why would I be jealous?" Olivia met his gaze with cold, unfeeling eyes. She leaned in closer, her composure impeccable, "I don't fucking care about you." JJ's temper soldered, but she remained still, her expression devoid of any emotion, unblinking in the face of his rage. 

Then, with a barely concealed smirk, she turned on her heels and walked away.

Olivia had moved on, chatting up an attractive brunette who, deep down, she wished was JJ. Meanwhile, JJ had also found himself in conversation with another random touron, secretly wishing it were Olivia. Both of them buried their feelings deep within, pushing them to the recesses of their minds as they engaged in the mundane small talk that often seemed to occur before meaningless sex.

They continued to drink and converse, each hoping that the answer they sought lay at the bottom of the glass, then the bottom of the bottle, and the next bottle after that. The night dragged on, the words they spoke becoming increasingly slurred and senseless. Their conversations grew more and more meaningless, directed at equally meaningless people.