𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞

"𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦

𝘉𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥, 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘢

𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘶𝘱, 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦 "

It was new years eve and I was going to a house party with my friends. I recently broke up with my boyfriend and I desperately needed someone to kiss as the hour strikes midnight. I've changed how I look to try get over him. Died my hair brown, dressed better, started looking after myself more I guess.

"Jesus, Brooke you look hot in that dress" my friend Kat said smiling, watching as I tried on the 4th outfit tonight. I have a serious problem with second guessing everything I wear.

"I do love it.. I mean it's really skimpy though. And you can really see my hip dips." I said hesitating.

"Everyone has hip dips Brooke. We need to stop focussing on these things. Come on, stop being stupid. You have an amazing body, the dress looks amazing on you and quite frankly, you have got to get over JJ. So I'm just gonna say you look stunning and we'll be on our way. Come on, get in the car." She aggressively pulled me out the door by my wrist.

We arrive at the party and I instantly go to get a drink, I'm gonna need to get drunk if I want to have any fun tonight.

"Hey I'm JJ, I don't believe we've met." The sound of his voice gave me the shivs as he approached me from behind and I spun around to glare at him as he jumped back slightly, "AHhh! What did you do to your hair?"

"I changed it. I-I coloured it, I just.. Wait. You thought I was someone else! You didn't know it was me and you were hitting on me?!"

"No, No I uh pretty much thought you were some brunette." He said, smirking.

"You are pathetic! and hypocritical, and-and.. slutty!" I spoke loudly.

"And you are no brunette.. You can't pull that off. Brunettes are either badass or fun. And you're-You're a blonde!" He said smirking and walking away.

(Anyone watch Grey's anatomy? Lexie and Mark)

God he's an asshole. I pour myself a drink and walk off to try and find Kat. I notice her flirting with some boy and start to make my way over to a group of girls from the cut. Instead, I bumped into someone, and just my luck, I had spilt red wine on his white T-shirt.

"Shit, I'm so sorry I-" He cuts me off

"It's all good don't worry. It's my house so I have extra shirts in my room." I look up to an unfamiliar face, he's cute though.

"I haven't seen you around before, are you new? I'm Brooke by the way." I smile, shaking his hand.

"Yeah I know who you are. It's an honour to converse with the queen of the cut. You're pretty popular around here." He laughs. "I'm Brad, moved here a few weeks ago."

"Oh cool, where from?" I asked, continuing to chat while walking over to the drinks table again.

"Born and raised in LA"

"Wait, seriously? That's so cool! what's it like there?" I was genuinely curious.

"It's cool as, I had a lot of friends there. I already miss it" He mentioned, reminiscing on his past and smiling.

"Oh tha-" I get cut off by JJ, clearly very drunk already and slurring his words.

"Brooke babyyy." He slurred, slinging his arms around my waist.

"Aw, JJ babe did you forget we broke up?" I questioned, laughing at Brads confused reaction turning into realisation, I tried to push the boy off of me, but he just clung onto me tighter.

"Sorry Brad could you excuse us for a second?" I asked, he nodded understandingly and I turned to JJ. "What are you doing?" I whisper shouted.

"Give me another chance, please give me another chance. I miss you." He whispered in my ear. God even his voice messes with my feelings.

"No you don't you're just shit-faced and smacked up on alcohol" I rolled my eyes at him trying to walk away before I do something I regret. He just grabs at my arm, pulling me back to face him. As he stumbled forward we locked eyes. But I had to glance away quickly, preventing myself from feeling. I miss him so much, I really do. But he made me feel like shit after we broke up. So instead I made my way to the alcohol, joining in with the people doing shots.

After a lot more alcohol, I go to find Kat.

"Hey Brooke, this is Chase" I wave and pull her aside.

"Have you seen JJ?" I slurred and tried to stand up straight, holding on to Kat.

"Nah man, I don't think thats a good idea.. You're really drunk, and when you're drunk you do stupid shit."

"Just tell me Kat. I'm completely fine." I say, smiling.

"Okay fine, but he's pretty hard to miss." she said laughing and pointing to him looking stupid in the middle of the dance floor. I run over to him

"Hey babyyyy" I slur. He puts his arms around my waist and I put mine around his shoulders, hugging him super tight. I freeze as I hear everyone counting down. The realisation hitting me that my intentions of finding someone to kiss tonight had failed.

"5, 4, 3, 2.. " everyone yelled in unison "1!!" Impulsively, me and JJ both shared a quick look and before I knew it I was edging in, and then he kissed me. It was really that simple.

"Does this mean you'll date me again?" He asked

"no" I smiled, drunkenly bringing my lips back to his before walking away.

ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵈʳⁱⁿᵏ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ⁻ᵒᵘᵗ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ. ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵍᵉᵗ ᴴᴵⱽ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵏⁱˢˢⁱⁿᵍ :)