CHAPTER 5 [EDITED]

The adventure of mastering both my Vision and the Delusion was quite a bumpy one indeed. Overloaded appeared a lot, and several burn marks made themselves known. Being thrown off a cliff in combat isn’t something you want to relive. By channeling an element into a single blade, and the other element into another blade, it makes combat 10x easier. Though I seldom use this, as the opponents I face are no expert in the department of combat. 

Jogging onto bustling streets of Liyue, I headed for Mt. Tianheng. Ducking behind a large tree, I donned my mask, concealing my identity from those of the milileth. 

Dawn was just around the corner, as the sun made its descent, I must hurry. The information sheet stated that the merchant frequently visits the Northland Bank, and will proceed to Dunyu Ruins. What peculiar choices.. 

Upon reaching said ruins, I spotted 2 males sporting a rather heated conversation. Hiding among the foliage, I listened to their conversation. 

“I expect you to compensate me fairly, Mr. Fong. Need I remind you that I am taking a great risk betraying the Fatui!?” The Fatui agent flailed his arms in exasperation. 

“Yes yes.. I am aware. Once I sell these artefacts, I might even be able to pay you triple of your normal pay.” 

Mr. Fong sure is snobbish.. 

“Just remember the contract. If anything were to happen…” 

“You dare question me?” 

“I-.. forget it. Do you need any sort of protection before the customer arrives?” 

“What do you mistake me for?! A helpless fool? I am quite capable of holding my own.” The merchant said smugly.

The agent sighed in defeat, and walked away leaving the merchant with the goods. 

Under my mask, I smiled slyly. My job just got a whole lot easier. 

“Yeah yeah, just remember the contract!” Mr. Fong hollered after the Fatui. 

I cleared my throat to check if my built-in voice changer was activated, then emerged from the bushes. 

“Mr. Fong, I believe you have something that belongs to me. You were always a respectable businessman in my eyes, quite the shame it had to end today.”