Chapter 5

I take a cab back to the office, Mr. Grant rode off without me. Back at the office I see a lot more files on my desk. I sigh. "Pauline? What's this?" I ask. "Oh, yeah, these are all solved cases, you need to search trough them to see if anything matches the killer-profile." "Can't you do this? I'm really busy searching on the photograph." I really am, I found something I want to check. "I could do half..." she says. "Thank you." Pauline is a very nice co-worker, always nice and always helping. At 6 o'clock, I still haven't finished my work, so I decide to take it home. I walk towards Mr. Grant's office and knock on the door. "Busy." "Sir, it's 6 o'clock, we need to go, or we get locked in." "You go, I need to get this done tonight." I open the door and walk in. "Sir, I guess you haven't left work for 2 days already and I guess you haven't eaten for at least 24 hours!" "Watson! I must finish this, there's a serial-killer walking out there and I won't rest until he's found and no more girls will be killed!" He looks at me with tired red eyes. "Starving yourself won't help them Mr. Grant. Why don't you come with me? I need to work tonight anyway, or I will never get this done in time, you could as well come with me, two know more then one. I can also make us dinner, you can't work on an empty stomach!" Mr. Grant hesitates for a second, then he agrees. "Fine, let's go." We step in his car, I can leave my car at work. I decide to drive, since Mr. Grant looks really tired. "You should really get some sleep sir." I try again when I see his head bouncing like a whobble-head figure. "I can't afford to sleep, I need to solve this case, I don't want any more girls to die " I give up, it's impossible to let him change his mind. We arrive at my appartment and I really want to take a shower. "Do you want anything to drink, to eat?" I ask. He shakes his head, grabs my laptop and starts to work. "I'm going to take a shower, so, ehm.. Make yourself comfortable, if you want anything, just get it." I say rubbing my neck. "I'll be fine. Oh, and Watson?" I turn around. "Thank you. For letting me stay here, it's much better then the office." I smile. "Don't mention it." and I walk into the bathroom. As I'm shampooing my hair, the doorbell rings. I don't think much of it, probably my neighbour to ask for sugar or milk or something, Mr. Grant can handle it. Then I hear a familiar voice saying: "Hello there! Are you Julie's boyfriend? Oh my god, JULIE?!?" Shoot... I grab my big beach-towel and wrap it around me. "Susan!" I say. "Hey, I didn't expect you at this time!" Susan promised to come over this week, she couldn't have chosen a worse time to come. "Who's this handsome?" she asks with a smirk on her face. "Susan, this is my boss, Richard Grant. Mr. Grant, this is my friend, Julie." "DO YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR BOSS?!? Good job!" "SUSAN! NO!" I blush, this is so embarassing. "I'm sorry to come at this 'unfortunate' moment, I'll come back later this week, byeee!" she turns around and runs down the stairs. Fine, perfect, awkward, thanks Susan... "I'm sorry, she..." "It's fine, I understand why she thought that.  I mean, you're naked..." I start turning even more red now. "STOP! Please..." I slam the door behind me. "Sorry." he says laughing. I get back into the shower and Mr. Grant goes back to work. After I dressed myself and braided my hair, I cook us dinner. I make some tomato-soup. "Sir, I made us soup, are you coming?" "It smells good, I'm coming! but please, at home, call me Richard." He sits down on the other side of the table. While we are eating our soup and the baguette I bought yesterday. "It tastes really good, what's your secret ingredient?" Richard asks me. "Well, it's my grandmother's recipe, I put some cinnamon in it. And lots of love of course!" "Cinnamon, in the soup? Well, it tastes wonderful!" After dinner we wash dishes together and then we go back to work. It must be about 3 AM when I finish the last file. I'm sitting on the couch and Mr. Grant is in my bedroom, sitting at my desk. I walk into my bedroom and I see he has fallen asleep. I get a blanket and put it around his shoulders. Then I step into my own bed and almost immediatly fall asleep.