Chapter 17

Aqua Shard, he's taking me to Aqua Shard. One of the most fancy restaurants ever. Oh my god. Mr. Grant gets out and I also want to open the door. "Wait," he says. He walks around the car and opens the door for me. "Thank you," I say while grabbing his hand to help myself getting up. I wrap my arm around his and we walk in. "Did you reserve a table, sir?" A friendly waitress asks Mr. Grant. "Yes, Grant is the name." She searches on her computer. "Mr. and Ms. Grant, follow me please." I was thinking to say I'm not Ms. Grant, but well, she probably doesn't care. Neither do I actually. The waitress leads us to a table with a marvellous vieuw over London. "It's wonderfull," I say. The waitress smiles. "I hope you'll enjoy it." She says and she walks away. Mr. Grant holds my chair and I sit down, he sits himself down on the opposite side. "I can't believe you actually took me here." I say. "Well, I've always wished to eat here some day, and this seemed the perfect occasion." he says. The waitress comes again, with a small bottle of champaign and two glasses. "From the house." she says. "Thank you." I say. She puts the glasses down and pours the champaign in them, then she puts down the bottle and walks away again. "Cheers, to another solved case." I say, slightly raising my glass. "Cheers," Mr. Grant says and we take a sip from our glasses. After a couple of minutes, a waiter comes at our table. "Do you wish to see the menu or would you like the chef's choice?" "I would like the chef's choise please." I say. "Me too, please." Mr. Grant says. "Excellent choise." he says, and he walks away again. "Did anything happen while I was at the hospital?" I ask. "Not really, we had to do all the paperworks. Don't worry, I did yours." he says. "Thank you." I say. We just sit quietly for a few minutes, enjoying the view. The waiter comes back with two plates. "A green salad with a touch of honey and chocolate. Bon appetit." he says and walks away. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I put some on my fork and put it in my mouth. It tastes like heaven. Really sweet, yet fresh. Chocolate, honey and lemon. Lovely. "This is one of the most delicious things I've eaten in my entire life," Mr. Grant says after finishing. "It indeed is." I admit. We talk and eat, and after two more courses, the waiter brings the dessert. It's heart shaped raspberry ice-cream covered with pure and white chocolate. I take a bite. "Oh my god, this tastes like heaven." Mr. Grant agrees with me. After we finished our wine, wich came with every course, Mr. Grant pays (eventhough I wanted to pay for myself) and we walk to the car. "You know," Mr. Grant starts. "What?" I ask. "Well, ehm... I.. Ehm... Nevermind..." he mumbles. "No, what is it?" I say. "Well... I have been to your house multiple times... But... Ehm... You've never seen my place, so... Would you like to... Ehm... Have a drink at my place?" He stops walking. "I'm sorry, it just crossed my mind..." He adds. "No, it's fine, I'd like that." I say smiling. He looks at me and smiles too. We step into the car and ride off to Bristol, where Mr. Grant lives.