The Epigraph

Epigraph- that weird beginning quote thing in actual books that everyone skips over, and this page thing that makes it's way into the story but we do it ahead of time. 🤠👍

"Marinette, give me your phone. Now."

"Excuse me?" the bluenette sat up a little straighter. "On what grounds? You're not my mother, my teacher, or even a person that works with the law, so you have no right to even order such things." He narrowed his eyes.

"Recording Lila's lies won't change anything, Marinette. It's better that you just leave things alone. You don't want to be the reason she gets Akumatized again, do you?" She rolled her eyes and stood up from her seat.

"You know what Adrien? She's already been Akumatized six times, and none of it has to do with me. I am not going to give that lying snake what she wants!" he growled, and pointed an accusing finger at her face.

"I expected better from you!" she slapped his hand away.

"No, I expected better from you! You are one of Paris's heroes! And you do shit like this? I'm the only thing keeping Master Fu from firing you! And that is only because he's been missing for weeks!" Adrien smirked.

"Marinette, he's dead. Bugaboo, he's gone. I killed him myself. Not that anyone will believe you, since you're a filthy liar to the public." he had a tight grip on her wrist, and he pushed her up against the wall. She wriggled, uncomfortable.

"Adrien, let go of me. Now." he just chuckled. "Let go of me."

"Excuse me, you self pretentious asshole, get off of her. Before I actually kill you." a tall boy with raven hair threatened. His cool emerald eyes flashed dangerously. Adrien snickered.

"Or what? You'll-" he punched Adrien in the face, and the blond fell back, holding his jaw.  Marinette ran over to the other man, and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Dami!" she giggled. "I thought you weren't coming back until next month?!" she chirped. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and chuckled himself.

Yes, I thought so too. But Father had the situation sorted, and I was sick of hearing Grayson. " he said with  leant over and placed a small kiss to her cheek. She bounced on her toes.

"I just can't believe you're here already!" she exclaimed excitedly. He glared over at Adrien, who was giving his own glare.

"Stay away from her, Agreste. Or else." he turned back to Marinette. She looked up, curiously. "I told your parents I was coming, but I still didn't see them yet." Marinette grimaced.

"Oh geez, Maman's gonna kill you." Damian shrugged.

"I was already dead before, so-" she lightly smacked his arm.

"Stop that." he chuckled, and grabbed her bag. 

"Marinette, control your boyfriend." the couple both knit their eyebrows.

"What do you mean? We're just friends."