𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

I can't believe it's already time for our practical exams, I thought to myself, I feel completely unprepared!

At Hope's Peak Academy, your grades don't matter. In fact, you barely have grades throughout most of the term. All that they care about is your practical exam. Your practical exam is there to prove that you had maintained your talent throughout the term and expanded it past what you had already known. You pass, you go another year. You fail, goodbye Hope's Peak Academy.

I am at Hope's Peak because I am the Ultimate Chef. Thank god they allow the same talent for different people as long as they are parts of separate classes, or else I might not stand a chance against Teruteru. That being said, I am a hell of a good cook. They even let me open my own on-campus restaurant. I couldn't think of a name for it, so Aoi suggested I name it "Donut Land." I did end up naming it that even though 1. I don't like donuts and 2. donuts weren't on the menu for the first six weeks it was open since it was so time consuming to make each flavor. Aoi finally convinced me to add them to the menu (only chocolate, glazed, and powdered, though), and now she's a regular.

Most people from my class tend to frequent my restaurant, especially considering how many different things I serve. It has a glass display full of different desserts: cakes, donuts, pies, pastries, cheesecakes (mm, cheesecakes), and many more. We have a full café bar (my idea), and a menu full of breakfast, lunch, and dinner items. Celeste likes to come, but only for the café bar, Hifumi practically never leaves as long as he's working on fan fiction, Makoto and Kyoko come every Tuesday for dates (but they will never call it that), Aoi always sits at the bar with Sakura and talks with me, I guess we have our own little friend group, and sometimes, Leon will come sit at the bar with us and practically eat everything on the menu.

Oh Leon, I thought to myself, you're so...cu—

I was cut off by the sound of Aoi bursting in through the restaurant doors, almost knocking over the chairs in her path, and sat down at the bar. Sakura followed behind her.

"(Y/N)!!!" shouted Aoi. "I need three donuts, mix 'em up, stat!!! I. Need. ENERGY!!!"

"Oh god," I replied, "do you have to swim across the Pacific Ocean or something?" I put three donuts, one of each flavor, on a plate and placed them in front of Aoi who began viciously shoving them into her mouth.

"She has her swim meet tonight," Sakura said, taking a seat next to Aoi.

"Oh shit, I completely forgot!" I exclaimed. "I wish I could make it, but I have to practice for exams."

"No sweat!" assured Aoi, while chewing a glazed donut. "This one isn't super important, but you better make it to the next one, 'cuz it's the biggest one of the season!

"I'll make sure to," I said, "I'm putting it in my calendar right now."

After that, Leon walked into the restaurant, and sat down at the bar.

"Hey ladies, whatcha talkin' about?" asked Leon.

"Aoi has a swim meet tonight, and I have to go get a shit ton of groceries and stay up t'il midnight cooking so I can practice for exams," I explained.

"Up t'il midnight cooking, you say?" questioned Leon, as he scanned the menu.

"Yeah, I wish I could be there so you could make me a pile of donuts!" said Aoi. "But, ya know, for practice..."

"Well, I can come to your place and eat all the food so I can tell you how good it is, if it's okay with you," said Leon, still reading the lunch menu.

Leon at my house? I thought to myself. That sounds...I don't know. Okay?

"Uh, that sounds fine..." I mumbled sheepishly.

"Great, then it's a date, kay?" said Leon, smiling cutely.

A-a...a date? I thought.

"Also, in the meantime, can I get a burger?" asked Leon.

~—~

696 Words