2. We Meet Again

I was put in a cage and taken into a vehicle. I missed my litters mates, but I remember what Clementine had said; "We could still visit each other when our owners are at work." And I had understood. I had hoped all of my other litter mates have gotten adopted, too. If they haven't, they would be missing a litter mate. Which, we had made a pact about. We had promised each other that we would never leave each other behind.. which I had just done. Either way, one of us would've gotten adopted anyway, so there was no need for me to keep blaming myself, was there? I hope not, or, if there was, I would feel bad my whole life.

Just then, the car had stopped and we had arrived at a house. My new owners had definitely lived in the country, or I wouldn't have seen a void of nothingness beyond the car window.

The house has a pale, ragged yellow fence covering the porch from the outside world. There were two walkaways to the house, one being in the front of the house, leading straight towards the fence. And the other was passing towards the back-porch. The walkway towards the back-porch was all rusted and old looking. I'm assuming they were tearing it down.

There was a garage but I couldn't see it well; it was dark out and was raining. I looked towards the back of the garage where I saw more animals. I'm pretty sure they were chickens, but I'm not too sure, I couldn't see very well.

Suddenly, the car door flung open. I was being carried out of the car and towards the house. I let out a loud howl. I didn't want to be here at this current moment, I wanted to be safe at the shelter with my friends.

"Okay, Arlo. Your home now." someone said while placing me on the ground.

I started to sniff the ground, wondering what my little nose could pick up. It seems like I was placed down in a living room of some sort. There was blonde hardwood floors, along with white walls. The place seemed nice, other than the fact it smelt like a Christmas tree. To my surprise, there was a Christmas tree. I almost walked right into it. There was no gifts under it though, but the house was well decorated for Christmas. Snow globes and ornaments covered the tree. White little lights circled around the tree, flickering with delight. The tree's skirt was my obsolete favorite. When I put my little paw on it, I felt safe and warm. It was so fluffy. Their skirt was plaid, red, and black, with three big white snowflakes embroidered on the front.

I then found what I could gnaw on; the cord to the Christmas tree lights. I then immediately started chew on them, I could spend hours doing this.

"Arlo!" someone shouted at me from behind. "No. You can not chew on this. I'll have to buy you a chew toy soon. Can you just keep your little teeth to yourself for now?"

I realized who the person was; Violet. She seemed like a nice owner. I'd probably like her if she was nice to me.

Violet picked me up and lead me to my food bowls. They were quaint, silver bowls. Perfect for a puppy my size. Violet then poured food and water into the two little bowls for me. I then immediately licked the bowls clean.

"You must love food, don't you?" Violet said in a calming tone. "Well, tomorrow you'll get even more, you just need to rest."

Violet carried to my doggy bed upstairs. I then closed my eyes, waiting for an exciting day tomorrow.

***

The next day I immediately got up and raced down the steps. I couldn't wait to see what Violet had planned for my down there.

"Aw! Good morning, Arlo. I can tell that your ready to get playing." Violet said while pouring water into my bowl. I could already tell that she gave me my food.

Once I was done eating, I went to lay underneath the Christmas tree. Like I had already stated before, the Christmas tree skirt was my obsolete favorite part of the house. I could lay there all day, thinking about my brand new life and how it was going so far. I mean, yes, it was way better than the shelter and I think everyone could say it was better. I really loved my owner, she was so sweet to me. She really loved me and took good care of me.. if only she had let me chew on those cords I'd love her even more. But other than that, she was amazing. I'm glad she had adopted me.

I think my owner could also do way better at feeding time, she needs to give me 5 scoops.. not 3. Just then, my owner picked me up and lead me outside. Where were we going?

"Okay, Arlo. We're going to the dog park today. You need to get some of your energy out!" Violet, my owner, said while laughing a little.

What?! What's a dog park? Was it.. a place where dogs go back to the shelter? I sure hope not. Maybe it was a place for me to meet my litter mates. Now, I hope that would happen. I miss my litter mates, and I know it's only been a day, but still. I miss them dearly! I miss the days where we used to always be together.

Before I knew it, my owner started her car and the car started to drive out of the driveway.

I looked threw the small little windows of the car, noticing all of the surroundings. It wasn't a void like last time; there was roads, corn fields, cows and traffic lights. There wasn't much but I definitely saw a heart in this state.

Many trees decked over small buildings, mostly cottages and tiny homes. I eyed the many hawks falling around the long sunny fields, while bees buzzed around and pollinated flowers. It was extremely pretty. Especially how the mountains looked over the small country. A beautiful sight to see.

We quickly drove by a small little town in the distance. Part of the town was hanging onto a mountain, but the other half was on the ground, near the small dirt road. The town had small cottages and tiny homes near barns and ranches. I mostly saw equestrian properties with cattle, along with pigs. On the other hand I saw small buildings, not just ranches. I saw dogs herding the sheep into their pins while some Australian Cattle Dogs lined up to see the cows. I smiled when I saw the dogs. It reminds me of the shelter when I had seen a lot of Australian Cattle Dogs. I didn't know what they were used for until now; their used for herding cows, sheep and more.

As I looked over towards the other side of the town, there was big long meadows lining across the town. The meadows were freshly mowed with thick mint green and dark green lines through them— the meadows also had crops for harvesting, too. They were tomatoes, strawberries, cabbage and more. Some of the cabbage had bite marks throughout the green, juicy meal. I'm pretty sure deer had been eating their before. And probably some other hungry animals, too.

I started to notice the town had a little more fencing then usual. I looked over to where the fence had ended. There was a sign that had read; "Elfie's Dog Park". Oh no! We're at the dark park now.

The dog park had about 3 dogs there. There were big bushes and trees, along with obstacle courses for puppies and older dogs, there were benches for owners and bags to pick up your dogs droppings.

"Well, Arlo, we're here now. Sorry for the long drive, buddy. We just live on the outskirts of town." Violet said while picked me up.

I yawned and stretched my little paws out a little. Driving makes me sleeping, especially when I have nothing to do.

Just then, my owner placed me down in the fenced in property. I ran around so quick, my little legs wobbled as I ran. I tripped a little, but I kept on going. Just then, I saw 2 of litter mates! I raced towards them while going towards the obstacle courses.

"Lazarus! Pine!" I shouted, "I'm so glad to see you guys."

"Arlo?! How did you get here?" Pine asked while raising an eyebrow.

I smiled. "That's what I was going to ask you!" I said while playing with the dog balls that were laying on the ground.

"Well, first, me and Lazarus got adopted together. Clementine, Etta and Lola we're adopted, too. But, they aren't here. They might be coming later today but I'm not too sure." Pine said.

"That's so cool that you all got adopted!" I said while jumping up and down. It's so exciting that ALL of my litter mates got adopted, too. I guess I don't have to feel so bad after all.

"I know. We weren't expecting to get adopted. It was more of an.. well, surprise adoption if you'd say the least." Lazarus said while laughing.

"Well, do you wanna go play?" I asked them.

"Sure!" Pine said.

Me, Lazarus and Pine played all afternoon. We had the time of our lives. After all, it was our very first time really outside of the shelter. I did really miss not having Lola, Etta and Clementine around with us, but, at least they got adopted with a nice and loving family, so I didn't have to worry about them. After all, Lazarus and Pine had talked to them after they had gotten adopted. They also had told me that there will be a puppy dog meeting scheduled for tomorrow. I can't wait to see the rest of my litter mates again!