Chapter (55): With A Ring I Vow To You

Start from the beginning

Meredith opened the door for them and gave Danni a warm welcoming hug plus the compliment on the outfit and she did the same to her little brother.

"Welcome" she said warmly. "Oh, Avery is upstairs. She just received a call from her grandma"

Danni smiled at Meredith kindly. "I'll see her in a few. By the way is Robert and Abigail here?"

"Yes. In the kitchen"

"I'm gonna say hi first"

She nodded at her. Danni entered the kitchen, seeing Robert and Abigail made her miss working with them.

"Hey, hey, hey" said Danni opening her arms for Abigail.

"Oh Danni!" She threw herself in her embrace which made Danni laugh lightly and rub Abigail's back. "How are you, dear? You look great... just look at you!"

"Hey, kid" said Robert laughing at Abigail. "You are so missed here in the kitchen" He gave her a hug patting her back.

"I missed you too, guys. It's been a long time, sorry"

"Jesus, Danni, you look so gorgeous" said Abigail taking in her outfit and giving her a motherly smile.

"Thanks. This is the first time I wear something like that so..."

"Oh, you are here to impress your girl" said Robert with a smile.

"No, not really. Just being my clumsy self" She looked behind Robert and found the birthday cake. "Is that the birthday cake?"

"Ah, yes but I think it needs your last touch" He took her hand and went with her to the side of the table. "Do your thing"

"Okay then... but that will be our secret" She shot the both of them wink before decorating the cake perfectly and they clapped their hands enthusiastically.

"Bravo. Now it is perfect" said Robert smiling widely.

"Yeah. Anyway thanks guys and it was nice seeing you but I really have to go and see my girlfriend" She winked and they chuckled.

Danni went upstairs and found Avery talking on the phone smiling while pacing the hallway. Danni hid around the corner until Avery finished her phone call and when she was coming her way staring down at her phone, Danni scared her.

"BOO!" she said and Avery gasped putting a hand over her chest.

"You scared the shit out of me!" She pushed her playfully and Danni laughed softly.

"Hey. Happy birthday" She grinned pulling her into a tight hug and kissed the top of her head then pulled away looking at her dress. "You look really beautiful... as always"

"Thanks..." She looked at Danni's outfit. "You look pretty handsome too" she said seductively playing with the buttons of her shirt.

"Are you trying to seduce me?" She smirked.

"Maybe" She batted her eyelashes at her and Danni shook her head.

Danni cornered Avery against the wall and locked her lips with her in a searing kiss, cupping her cheeks and both were humming softly against each other's lips, then Avery placed her palm on her chest and pushed Danni off her a little.

"Someone might see us"

"Then let's give them a good show" She smirked before kissing her neck and biting it softly, making Avery's grab the back of her hair.

"You are being naughty, Danni, and because now I'm older than you, I command you to stop" She moaned softly, tightening her grip on her hair.

Danni pulled away from her but not before pecking her lips, and put both hands beside Avery's head, narrowing her eyes at the birthday girl.