Secret glances

As the Beauxbatons danced their way into the room you immediately seemed to tense up. They were beautiful and every eye was on them. Jealousy seemed to rise in you. Your mind quickly questioned whether Fred was watching them the same way everyone else was, with lust. You wanted Fred to look at you that way.

You tore your gaze away from the girls and your eyes landed on Fred. To your surprise, he was looking straight at you. He looked at you with the same look everyone gave the Beaubatons.

You felt butterflies in your stomach.
You both quickly turned your attention back onto Dumbledore as he announced the second school, Durmstrang.

As they made their way into the room Fred had done precisely what you did. He watched to see if you would look at them. You stared into Fred's eyes, giving the boys of Durmstrang zero attention. You weren't interested in looking at them when the only man you wanted was staring right at you.

A smile crept onto his face and your face grew red. You quickly looked back towards Dumbledore but you still felt Fred staring at you.

"Maybe he really does like me," you thought to yourself.

You were having trouble listening to the rest of Dumbledore's speech until you suddenly heard the twin's booming voices. The whole room grew loud with angry booing.

"That's rubbish!"
"You don't know what you're doing!"

"What happened?" You quickly asked Roger.

"The ministry has put an age restriction on the tournament, no one under 17 can enter... were you not listening Y/N" he replied.

"Got lost in my thoughts."

You smiled to yourself as you watched the angry twins talking to each other. Dumbledore had explained that entry would be closed next Friday and that an age line would be set in place. Once his speech was finished, everyone headed off to their dorms.

As you were walking down the hall with your house you felt someone grab your arm and you were quickly pulled into a side hallway.

"Let GO of me" you yelled.

"Quiet, y/n" Fred said.

"Fred! What are you doing?!" You whisper-yelled as you pulled away from him.

"I need to talk to you" he smiled.

You took a breath and leaned your back on the wall behind you.

"Listen, about what I was going to say on the train..."

Your eyes quickly darted to the floor.

"I don't mind you talking to Roger... it's none of my business, and I realize that now."

"Huh?!" You said confused.

You knew he didn't like you. You felt dumb for even thinking he did. But then again why did he stare at you like that during Dumbledores speech.

There was an awkward silence for a moment as your mind began racing.

"That's all, I just wanted you to know," he said as rocked back on his heels.

"I don't understand-" you began to say before you were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Weasley! Stevens!"

You both turned to see your father standing at the end of the hallway.

The use of the name "stevens" always surprised you. You were given the last name as a baby. You knew you couldn't take your father's last name, for protection, and it pained you.

"I suggest you both get to your dorms before you lose your house any points," he said.

Fred stared at him for a moment and walked away. You were about to do the same but your father pulled you into a hug. You wrapped your arms around him and felt all of your worries float away.

"I've missed you, my dear," he said happily.

"I missed you too dad" a tear fell down your cheek as you hugged him tighter.

You both pulled away, scared that someone would see.

"How was your summer?" he asked.

"It was great, other than not being able to see you," you said sadly.

"I've been so worried about you ever since the news about the Quidditch World Cup."

"We were all fine, none of us were hurt."

"I'm so glad," he said as he pulled you into another quick hug. "You better hurry off to your dorm, I'll see you in class tomorrow, my love."

"See you tomorrow, dad" you smiled and walked off to your dorm.

You locked your door and sighed. It was always so hard keeping your secret. You sat on your bed and allowed memories to flood your brain.

~~~

You grew up in the castle although you had to stay hidden away so no student would see you and question why you were there. As a baby, you spent most of your time with Hagrid. He was the best caretaker.

When you got a bit older you spent your time wandering the castle at night. You had discovered many secret passageways, your favorite being the one that led to the kitchens.

You had a great relationship with the house-elves. They were the only friends you had growing up. You often stayed with them and read them stories as they cooked meals for you and the students.

You suddenly remembered your tenth birthday. Your father sat you down and explained everything to you. Why you had to hide away, why your last name wasn't the same as his.

He told you there were bad people in the world. So bad that they would want to hurt you if they ever found out you existed. He explained that next year you would be attending Hogwarts and would have to use the last name "stevens". You didn't understand and began to cry. Your father wanted nothing more than to hold you and tell you everything would be okay but he needed you to understand the danger of the situation.

"Y/N! Do you understand me! No one shall ever know of me being your father! Tell me you understand!"

Through tears, you had simply replied "yes".

The memory pained you but you pushed it away. You decided to try and forget everything and get some sleep.

.....
Sorry for such a short chapter. I would've included this in the last chapter but it was already long enough.

The stars aligned in us On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara